Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:15 PM

6,471 posts, read 10,332,410 times

Advertisements

Absolutely amazing how some people like perpetuating stereotypes and spreading old rumors about the Villages. While I am sure some of what has been mentioned happens from time to time, I don't think there is a major trend like some think.

I think that the story of the father vacationing in The Villages for two months couldn't have possibly fallen victim in any other place in the United States. Please !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-villages from Boston View Post
Yeah the Villages is wooonderful!!! Can I just say my step father vacationed there for 2 winter months where he met the widow of his dreams! Shes taught him all about S&M, sex toys, being whipped and playing with hot wax, shes a real catch! Just what a married man of 22 years needed, while going through his hormonal change, mid life crisis...whatever you want to call it! But does this 65 year old woman care that he has a family? That his 6 children, 11 grand chldren, or his WIFE are going through a living hell? NOOO her main concern is where hes going to spend Thanksgiving. I love that it was his grandson(my son) that found the nasty, explicit texts from her! Yeah the villages in my eyes is EXACTLY what the articles say..FULL of STDs and pedophiles! This should be a retirement community like it advertises, but instead its a brain washing, sado-masochistic community, for men and women that want there sexual fantasies filled by complete strangers! **WARNING** My father was a COMPLETELY different man before "vacationing" at The Villages! He would have died or killed for his family and now hes willing to drop everything,(his family and the business hes been building for the past 40 years) just to go back there and have his dirty, nasty, sexual fantasies fulfilled! NOT RECOMMENDED..especially if you care even a little bit about your life.
Troll.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
The STD scare dates back to an article written in 2006, and it was specifically about herpes, which is treatable and does usually become dormant or disappear completely.

Furthermore, here's a line from one of the main articles this whole scare stemmed from:

Quote:
The bottom line is, this is a trend facing many seniors, not just in Central Florida, but around the country.
Doctors In Retirement Community Seeing Increase In STDs | www.wftv.com to see the whole article.

The other article this scare grew from, no longer exists online.

In the blog of the guy who wrote the book about the Villages, he mentions a statement made by one gynecologist, which is the alleged initial source of this whole "issue", who said that she had never seen so many cases of STDs in all her years of working in Miami. And he says, following the quote that spawned the scare:

Quote:
I later read that in a subsequent article the gynecologist recanted this statement. And as far as the numbers/percentages are concerned, you can see for yourself here that the disease totals in all three counties that make up The Villages combine to be just a very small percentage of STD’s in the state.
Sex, Lies, and The Villages for the book website.

In short, the most recent one-post wonder in this thread, is likely not interested in being a contributing member of the forum, and probably doesn't have a step-father, or possibly does have one, and is angry about having one, and is using the Villages to make up an excuse to drag him through the internet mud. I mean, think about it. If your mother was duped by her husband, would YOU want to brag about it on the internet to thousands of people, in the very forum where it's likely people who KNOW your step-father might be reading?

Unless you like airing your dirty family secrets in public, I'm guessing - not. And if you do like that kind of thing, I'd say your problem is a lot more significant than the "problem" of your step-father enjoying sex-toys with a consenting adult.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-villages from Boston View Post
Yeah the Villages is wooonderful!!! Can I just say my step father vacationed there for 2 winter months where he met the widow of his dreams! Shes taught him all about S&M, sex toys, being whipped and playing with hot wax, shes a real catch! Just what a married man of 22 years needed, while going through his hormonal change, mid life crisis...whatever you want to call it! But does this 65 year old woman care that he has a family? That his 6 children, 11 grand chldren, or his WIFE are going through a living hell? NOOO her main concern is where hes going to spend Thanksgiving. I love that it was his grandson(my son) that found the nasty, explicit texts from her! Yeah the villages in my eyes is EXACTLY what the articles say..FULL of STDs and pedophiles! This should be a retirement community like it advertises, but instead its a brain washing, sado-masochistic community, for men and women that want there sexual fantasies filled by complete strangers! **WARNING** My father was a COMPLETELY different man before "vacationing" at The Villages! He would have died or killed for his family and now hes willing to drop everything,(his family and the business hes been building for the past 40 years) just to go back there and have his dirty, nasty, sexual fantasies fulfilled! NOT RECOMMENDED..especially if you care even a little bit about your life.
So your father is a moron who couldn't keep his pants zipped, but it's everyone else's fault?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
So your father is a moron who couldn't keep his pants zipped, but it's everyone else's fault?
And, what was he doing vacationing for two MONTHS without his wife (the poster's mother)? And what kind of idiot woman is the mother, to let her husband go on a vacation to a Senior's version of Paradise, without her, for two months?

Again - I doubt it ever happened. It's probably just some 13-year-old kid who likes making up stories to entertain himself on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala