U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,024 times

Advertisements

I will say that the OP has a few valid points. Ocala is a nice place to retire and stretch retirement payments. Warm weather and a slow pace with not alot of traffic. However the retired people that have moved from other parts of the country seem to be more well rounded than the average provincial Ocala person. These are the older people that have had interesting experiences for decades doing various types of things throughout their lives. These people are well versed in several subjects. In other words, they can talk. The best time to to meet and talk to the retired educated people in Ocala are in the morning hours before noon. So if you move from a cosmopolitan area to Ocala this is what you will think. The retired people are the most sophisticated in Ocala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 AM

43 posts, read 138,417 times
Sorry I haven't been back for awhile. We have been four months in Oak Run and really like it. Friendly people, lots of activities for my hubby - I'm happy to see him getting some exercise again; and activities for me also. Landlord and Landlady have become friends and are great people. (Not bi-polar ) We will be renting from them for five months next year, Lord willing! Many here are year round residents and we would love to stay permanantly, but would miss our family at home too much. Certainly didn't miss the weather in Michigan this year!

Thanks everyone for the information. We like Ocala also, by the way. There are so many things to do here, cultural, horses, good restaurants... More things than we've been able to take in. City is big enough (and often the traffic is busy here but not so bad as further south) and yet not too big. Shopping is OK though many stores are closed because of the unemployment. If we wanted more variety in shopping, the villages aren't far away.

One problem is that I'd never find my way around since many streets have several names and I have no senses of direction. My husband is learning his way around though and we have our trusty GPS, though sometimes it gets confused in Ocala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala