Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:23 AM

9 posts, read 51,471 times

Advertisements

Hello: Does anyone have any information on a subdivision called Rainbow Park in Ocala? I believe it is off SR40 and around 140th street. My mom and I purchased land there years ago for long term investing, but are now considering the possibility of building there because apparently homes are now going up in the area. We live in Atlanta now and have yet to make a trip out there to see how things are progressing (but we will). Just hoping to hear from some others who live nearby or are familiar w/the area to give us some information in the meantime. What types of homes are going up there? Price range? Is it a safe area? Crime...ect. Thank you so much for your help. We deperately need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 27,240 times
Default hi

My wife and i also own land in rainbow park.. im just curious to know what info you have been able to gather. email me if you wouldnt mind..
donnie850@yahoo.com

Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 49,458 times
Default Rainbow Park

We went to check on our investment land in Rainbow Park within the past 2 years. At that time, they were putting in paved roads, and were also petitioning Marion County for public water lines and other improvements.

All of the homes in the general area are mansions. When we were there, most were running $700,000. Crime is apparently low (there aren't many 80 year old vandals).

We originally purchased our plot for around $300. I saw neighboring plots on the market for $45,000. That was before the bubble burst. But probably it will rise to that level again after the market improves. In general, I feel it was a good investment.

Anton Anderssen

Last edited by hartforth; 10-20-2008 at 09:53 AM..

Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM

4 posts, read 49,458 times
Smile Rainbow Park

In Rainbow Park itself, homes are more moderate than the area in general. The mansions are outside Rainbow Park, on larger tracks of land. The homes inside the Rainbow Park development are nice homes, but more of what I would refer to as humble abodes.
Attached Thumbnails
Rainbow Park Subdivision in Ocala, FL- Need Info!-dscn1687.jpg   Rainbow Park Subdivision in Ocala, FL- Need Info!-dscn1685.jpg  

Old 11-29-2008, 09:44 AM

7 posts, read 45,750 times
There is a moratorium on building in Rainbow Park right now. Contact the Property appraisers office for more details!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 AM

13 posts, read 108,551 times
I live off of 161 st which is right down the road. A few houses have been built in there but the last I heard was the county had put a freeze on building in that area because of the flooding of homes since the new homes have been built. I would suggest before making any trips call Marion County Building dept. and see if building there has been resumed. Armstron Homes went in there and bought a lot of lots and put trac homes on there to which most of the are still empty and the roads being as bad as they are, when the county tried fixing the roads and then a heavy rain came the homes got flooded. Who knows what any county thinks about but good luck sure hope it helps. E amil me if I can be of any help. Give me the addy of the lot and I can check it out for ytou. hardigirl@bellsouth.net

Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 AM

Mansions are you nuts no mansions in that area and the roads are not all paved. However Cotton mill down the raod has a few larger homes but still no manasions.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartforth View Post
We went to check on our investment land in Rainbow Park within the past 2 years. At that time, they were putting in paved roads, and were also petitioning Marion County for public water lines and other improvements.

All of the homes in the general area are mansions. When we were there, most were running $700,000. Crime is apparently low (there aren't many 80 year old vandals).

We originally purchased our plot for around $300. I saw neighboring plots on the market for $45,000. That was before the bubble burst. But probably it will rise to that level again after the market improves. In general, I feel it was a good investment.

Anton Anderssen
Sure hope you got Kissed because they sure put the screws to you. Mansions what are you smoking. most of the lots are going for under 100 and less than 300 with a house on them. bend over buddy because you got took and the roads are NOT all paved in Rainbow Park

Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 AM

23 posts, read 65,160 times
Can you tell me if this(Rainbow Park) is a nice area! I use to live in Ft. Lauderdale but moved out of Florida 7 years ago. I am thinking of moving back but want to be more central than south ....I am a widow and just want a small house in a nice neighborhood. any information would be helpfull....thanks

Old 01-18-2009, 04:13 PM

stay out of Ocala, try Dunnellon better area better people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala