Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,114,131 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has noticed the traffic camera in Dunnellon on the road going to Wal-mart. I noticed a flash and was wondering if it was taking license plate numbers of speeders. Seemed a strange place for it because of all of the stop lights in that area. How can you speed there? Maybe it was taking pictures of cars running the stop light. Anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 10:31 AM

514 posts, read 856,698 times
according to the orlando paper,they are for running red lights,i resent the fact that big brother has to resort to such low tactics to get into the pockets of its residents.dont make a mistake in florida

Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 AM

140 posts, read 728,932 times
Default red light camera in Dunnellon

This morning's newspaper in Ocala indicated the camera is taking pictures of cars making right turns at redlights...something which apparently has been legal in Florida for some time. The person caught by the camera is "fined" $158 but no points on their driver's license. Hmmm....doesn't seem to make a lot of sense does it? Seems it would be better utilized to catch that blatant red light runners...saw one this morning who ran the red light so long after it turned red that cars with the green light were already starting to move when this person forced them to stop to avoid getting hit broadside.

Seems like Dunnellon needs to get it's traffic priiorites figured out.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartygurl View Post
Just wondering if anyone has noticed the traffic camera in Dunnellon on the road going to Wal-mart. I noticed a flash and was wondering if it was taking license plate numbers of speeders. Seemed a strange place for it because of all of the stop lights in that area. How can you speed there? Maybe it was taking pictures of cars running the stop light. Anyone know?
The flashing light you see is from a camera positioned about 50 yards north of the traffic light if your going south.There is also another camera on the opposite side of the road heading in the north direction as well.Be very careful,sometimes by default the camera will snap pictures just before the light turns red to collect images of cars running the light.Also make sure you come to a complete stop at the light if it is red before turning into Walmart.Or you will be receiving a ticket in the mail.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,165 times
I'm thinking of moving to Marion County. I see the red light cameras are in Fl as well I'm from Cedar Rapids Ia and the powers to be started installing the cameras . They claim for intersections that have a high rate of accidents. They are installed by a company that maintains them and gets 35 from each citation issued. There's a whole process of rebuttal but haven't seen any one win. The city gets the difference of the fine money. As in Fl there is no points to DL an no DOT record. The city started to see what a cash cow this was installed several more at intersections an city streets. Then they installed them on the freeway ( I380 N/S ) just for speeders. Well now after about 9 months the city has made 975,000 on fines. My suggestion was to lay off the whole traffic division . There is no knowledge of leeway on speeds that I know of. So if it's 55 better not go over to 56 or a mail citation saying you owe $75.00 might greet you in the mailbox in the next couple of days. Was hoping to get away from this kinda politics when I get there.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,090 times
Question HELP ACCIDENT IN DUNNELLON JULY 5th,2011

I am looking for some help i do not live in dunnellon but was involved in an accident on July 5th @ aprox 9pm at the Brooks st. intersection. I have been taking care of my 82 year old mother in law and needed to go to Walmart to pick up a hand held vac a broom and a few other household items, its about a 30 min drive from my house and it was extremely hot and muggy out that day i have no air in my vehicle so i decided to take a drive through checkers and get an unsweetened ice tea to do so i had to get in the turning lane at Brooks st. and 41. I made my move across the lanes safely into the left turn lane as the yellow lights turned red i watched as the cars started moving and turning from Brooks street very long red light a dunnellon police officer was the first to catch the red light at Brooks st. to my left.Finally got my GREEN ARROW i proceeded to make my left turn along with the car in the lane across from me all other cars still held by solid red but out of the corner of my right eye i see a white streak in the lane i am turning across do i keep going or do i stop( well yes) i STOPPED got out a please don't hit me......they over corrected and instead of hitting the police people slid across the drivers side of my vehicle pretty hard hit knocked out my tooth and messed up my back really bad...But the worse that came out of it was the emotional i am on disability for PTSD having to do with a poice officer lying in court and the horrible things that happened as a result of that.it goes way deeper then anyone can imagin this accident has caused so much pain in my life i have been called a liar by the dunnellon police dept, my father was a fl state police officer for 28 years he never lied about anything when it came to his job...they tell me i didn't have a green arrow ok what color was it they tell me that the lady that came up and said the accident was there fault they ran the red light because they were to busy looking at the police officer so thats why they over corrected in court the lady said that lady wasen't me but i saw a black lady come up and talk to you people these people were the police officer and the many witnesses including another police officer who now say they no nothing...Well this lady has a twin oh and by the way there are cameras at this intersection and in the police report it says that a video was requested well nobody seems to have a clue where that might be couldn't get a return phone call tried at least a dozen times my husband also tried the cameras on the police car weren't working either i know the cameras on the brooks street light were working because since the accident i have been doing alot of research on that light and three people i talked to got tickets that same day including the guy who was working on my husbands vehicle when he went to advanced auto parts earlier that same evening maybe that vehicle was just having a bad day...the really sad part is the aftermath for anyone who knows about PTSD you already know what i now have to deal with.I was ok after the accident i knew i was not to blame and did nothing wrong even though the officers said that they did not see it we had the video in 7 to 10 days and here was this nice honest lady admitting they ran the red light it would all be ok..well couple weeks later my world shattered to most of you a ticket to me a life changing event i am back in counseling back on medication in the past situation the PTSD, , people died childern lost there innocence peoples lives were changed forever...so no this is not about $266.00....and as a last comment now the light has been changed there is no longer an arrow still haven't paid the fine its due the 11th of Jan can't get behind the wheel to afraid plus 266 dollars i only get 674.00 a month and am trying to help my 18 yr old whos car just broke down was just diagonised with narcolepsy and who also suffers from PTSD from the same past i do please contact me if you have any info that might help me..

Last edited by Keeper; 01-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: email removed

Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,050,152 times
I suggest you call a lawyer. You can probably find one that will at least hear your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala