U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 02:13 PM

7,201 posts, read 12,598,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocookie View Post
This is why the Humane Society is overrun with mostly Pitbulls. We went to the Inverness one a few weeks ago looking to adopt a Cat, so I wandered in the dog building and was so sad for the dogs who are mostly pits and picked up on the streets. After they're not cute little puppies any longer they're put "out" and wind up in Shelters and Euthanized...
And the backyard breeders and puppy purveyors at places like the Marion Flea Market just keep cranking out more and more class b and c puppies, none up to breed standards. And many nowadays aren't even purebred. They cross-bred mongrels. The greedy breeders save even more on them as they don't have to bother with the AKC papers.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 07:43 AM

621 posts, read 1,145,462 times
Buy a puppy from anyone at a flea market, and you are giving a death sentence to probably 2 dozen more that are not sold. Supply and demand.... just what do you think they do with the puppies that are not sold before they grow out of that adorable age? Betcha they are either dumped at a shelter, or in a big hole in their back yard.

Not a pretty picture, but true!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 PM

7,201 posts, read 12,598,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualie View Post
Buy a puppy from anyone at a flea market, and you are giving a death sentence to probably 2 dozen more that are not sold. Supply and demand.... just what do you think they do with the puppies that are not sold before they grow out of that adorable age? Betcha they are either dumped at a shelter, or in a big hole in their back yard.

Not a pretty picture, but true!
And as long as foolish people keep buying the product of backyard breeders and puppy mills it will continue to exist. The woman at the Marion Flea market is nothing but a puppy flipper. She doesn't show her dogs (if she even owns any) and none are champions or even pointed, none worthy of breeding.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 959 times
None of the people selling puppies at the market of Marion are USDA licensed the are puppy mills and indescrimately breed not caring about anything but the money not the welfare of the dogs. And management doesn't care as long as they get their rent. The horror stories from buyers would make you cry. The county and state need to shut them down.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:46 AM

270 posts, read 147,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market vendor View Post
None of the people selling puppies at the market of Marion are USDA licensed the are puppy mills and indescrimately breed not caring about anything but the money not the welfare of the dogs. And management doesn't care as long as they get their rent. The horror stories from buyers would make you cry. The county and state need to shut them down.
They are still selling puppy mill pups there as of last week. They moved them outside in tent-like structures. Beware the plant vendors too. They're selling plants that are not hardy in this zone, 9a, and claiming they are. The first good freeze will kill them.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 760 times
Default Puppy Mills

I completely agree that the puppy mill situation is horrific. It hurts my heart. But if someone doesn't buy the dogs, what will happen to them? Will they be killed? I feel that we need to help them, the same as the shelter dogs. I would adopt all dogs in need if I could.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 613 times
Angry Forever Puppies LLC

Well stupid me that wanted a puppy got hooked into buying one from them last weekend! Even though the "vet paper" that was given with the purchase of the puppy showed a negative fecal test on my new puppy, after I took her to my vet for a well check, she is loaded with worms! I texted the lady from Forever Puppies and got NO WHERE! She pretty much said that maybe the puppy "licked something" ~ really????? And that she pays her vet a lot of money to test/give shots to her puppies! My vet said that there is no way her last fecal test by their vet on May 25th was negative! They claim they are a "registered" corporation, I looked online and their corporation has been INACTIVE since 9/23/2011. She said she breeds all the dogs and they are nothing but liars! Luckily my baby girl has no other heart issues or other bad problems. We can get rid of the worms with medicine. They say you can take the puppy to their vet for a "free" wellness check, yeah right! They are working together and if I did that then my puppy could've died because their vet would have said she was fine! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me FL View Post
I completely agree that the puppy mill situation is horrific. It hurts my heart. But if someone doesn't buy the dogs, what will happen to them? Will they be killed? I feel that we need to help them, the same as the shelter dogs. I would adopt all dogs in need if I could.
No they do not kill them. They are quietly given away for almost nothing if not sold. Do not buy these pups because it only encourages the breeders to abuse more dogs to produce more pups for sale. If no one bought these mill pups the breeders would go out of business. The misery ended.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgibby View Post
Well stupid me that wanted a puppy got hooked into buying one from them last weekend! Even though the "vet paper" that was given with the purchase of the puppy showed a negative fecal test on my new puppy, after I took her to my vet for a well check, she is loaded with worms! I texted the lady from Forever Puppies and got NO WHERE! She pretty much said that maybe the puppy "licked something" ~ really????? And that she pays her vet a lot of money to test/give shots to her puppies! My vet said that there is no way her last fecal test by their vet on May 25th was negative! They claim they are a "registered" corporation, I looked online and their corporation has been INACTIVE since 9/23/2011. She said she breeds all the dogs and they are nothing but liars! Luckily my baby girl has no other heart issues or other bad problems. We can get rid of the worms with medicine. They say you can take the puppy to their vet for a "free" wellness check, yeah right! They are working together and if I did that then my puppy could've died because their vet would have said she was fine! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
You were lucky. Many people end up with pups suffering all kinds of health problems from poor care and generations of inbreeding. The woman there is a liar. She doesn't breed dogs. She buys them for $30 and $40 each from puppy mills. I wish someone would put her out of business.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:55 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,221,443 times
The problem with irresponsible, fraudulent, and/or criminal dog breeders is prolific in and around north-central Florida unfortunately. Quite a few of the ones advertising on Ocala4Sale.com are at least dubious (at best) as well based upon both my research and firsthand investigative experience.

As a person who has spent a significant portion of their life involved with the breeding, training (including therapy and LEO canines), rehabilitating, and raising medium through extra-large breed dogs, I've been consistently alarmed at the pervasiveness of unethical profiteering that's taking place without either oversight or consequence. Law enforcement is all but outright unwilling to do much about it save for the most extreme of instances.

Some of these screwballs are involved with, own, and/or operate multiple dog breeding businesses under a seemingly endless plethora of operations, relationships, and aliases. Many dogs have been over or improperly bred, incestuously bred, and cage-bred en masse. Puppies in the worst of cirucmstances are often relegated to spending their first few weeks over-fed with high-protein kibble and forced to reside in artificially constructed structures that do not allow for exposure to light so-as to keep them docile and starved for affection. There have even been instances of these sorts of folks gathering unsold or sickly puppies, placing them in heavy-duty trash liners, and either drowning or burying them alive.

I could type a novel on this subject. Please beware, be careful, and report questionable activity as much as possible to any/all relevant authorities. Price, marketing, and even a sprawling property does not necessarily denote a trustworthy seller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala