Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM

14 posts, read 32,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There is a guy whom I think is a purveyor that lives close to us.
Large dog runs, and mostly female pit bulls.
They escape and dig under our fence, run the goats and dig in the orchard and gardens.
None of the kids have been hurt, but I worry.
Yes, we have have spoken to them, more than once.
This is why the Humane Society is overrun with mostly Pitbulls. We went to the Inverness one a few weeks ago looking to adopt a Cat, so I wandered in the dog building and was so sad for the dogs who are mostly pits and picked up on the streets. After they're not cute little puppies any longer they're put "out" and wind up in Shelters and Euthanized...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,699 times
I bought a little shih-tzu from a lady on the inside of this flea market,,, I got her papers and her health cert.... I had just lost one of 12 years and I was hurting,,,,, I got lots of pictures of her, and the Lady calls me around once a year to see how she is... I have sent her pictures,,, yes there are some there on the outside that I would not do bussiness with... but this Lady was great... Baby Gabby is 4 now,, and my life.....

Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM

428 posts, read 1,076,848 times
We adopted a 1 year old Shih Tzu from someone who had bought him from a mall store and no longer wanted him.
We already had a 6 year old Shih Tzu too.
He had ear problems and later mental issues.
He would be sitting on your lap and all of a sudden spin around and in the most god awful sound bite you in the face.
After biting 2 grand daughers and my wife twice we put him down at age 6.
That was the hardest decision because right after biting he had no idea what he had done.
The 6 year old lived until 13 and we now have 2 Shih Tzu/ Malteses that are the sweetest.
They were backyard "mistakes" and we got to see both parents on site.
Both "mutts" are better than the purebreds.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:35 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Filer View Post
I bought a little shih-tzu from a lady on the inside of this flea market,,, I got her papers and her health cert.... I had just lost one of 12 years and I was hurting,,,,, I got lots of pictures of her, and the Lady calls me around once a year to see how she is... I have sent her pictures,,, yes there are some there on the outside that I would not do bussiness with... but this Lady was great... Baby Gabby is 4 now,, and my life.....

Was she listed as the breeder on the dog's AKC papers? Her name and address should be listed as the breeder. If the name is different, then she bought them for resale from a puppy broker. PBs get the pups from Puppy Mills where most pups are genetically inferior, diseased, infested with parasites or worse.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
We adopted a 1 year old Shih Tzu from someone who had bought him from a mall store and no longer wanted him.
We already had a 6 year old Shih Tzu too.
He had ear problems and later mental issues.
He would be sitting on your lap and all of a sudden spin around and in the most god awful sound bite you in the face.
After biting 2 grand daughers and my wife twice we put him down at age 6.
That was the hardest decision because right after biting he had no idea what he had done.
The 6 year old lived until 13 and we now have 2 Shih Tzu/ Malteses that are the sweetest.
They were backyard "mistakes" and we got to see both parents on site.
Both "mutts" are better than the purebreds.
The truth about pet shop puppies (and kittens), virtually all bred by either back-yard-breeders or at Puppy Mills has been out there since the 1960s and yet people keep buying these inferior dogs and cats. Legitimate breeders do not sell to pet stores, brokers or people selling pets at Flea Markets. There is a lot more to breeding healthy mentally stable quality cats and dogs than putting a male and female together and looking to make as much money as possible from the resulting litters.

Generally speaking cross breeds are healthier since they're not inbred and/or linebred (or both) as are purebreds.

The last place you want to get a puppy or kitten is from someone hawking them at a flea market or Wal*Mart parking lot.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
Thumbs up The Market Of Marion Puppies Outside are healthy and NOT Puppy Mill Puppies

To all the Tabloid speculators on this Blog, I personally have purchased a Puppy from the lady on the Outside at the Market Of Marion. My Puppy is now 4 years old and the love of my life. I know for a fact that the lady raises her own Puppies in the care of her home. My Puppy is the healthiest and happiest little Dog on my block. She's an adorable little Morkie and I would highly recommend purchasing a Puppy from the lady on the Outside at the Market Of Marion. So if you have any doubts about her listen to me, she's amazing! My Neighbor just recently purchased a little Pug-a-Poo from her and he is sooo cute and healthy also. My Neighbor said that lady knows so much about Puppies, its very obvious that she loves and cares for her animals. I have visited many times since the purchase of my Puppy, and her Puppies are so adorable and always kept extremely clean. The environment there is very Sanitary from what I have personally witnessed. Please take my review into consideration when reading other fraudulent Tabloid Gossip. Thank you.
~ AnimalLover77

Old 05-02-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
....I have gotten to the point that I keep a BB gun with me when I am outside working in the garden or orchard, which is pretty much all day this time of year.....
Pepper-spray or Bear-spray would also be useful, if not a small revolver.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocookie View Post
This is why the Humane Society is overrun with mostly Pitbulls. We went to the Inverness one a few weeks ago looking to adopt a Cat, so I wandered in the dog building and was so sad for the dogs who are mostly pits and picked up on the streets. After they're not cute little puppies any longer they're put "out" and wind up in Shelters and Euthanized...
Pit Bulls are one of those status breeds or fad breeds people quickly tire of. They get them, raie them, tire of caring for them and dump them. They soon have a new "status" or fad breed. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

It's sad that they're euthanized by the thousands every month. And in so many areas can be had for free or almost free even as pups. There was a family trying to give an entire litter away in the WalMart parking lot not to long ago. They thought they could make money breeding and selling them. They were wrong and desperate to get rid of them to anyone willing to take one or more off their hands. Those poor puppies....

Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalLover77 View Post
To all the Tabloid speculators on this Blog, I personally have purchased a Puppy from the lady on the Outside at the Market Of Marion.
Are you trying to say backyard breeders and puppy mill pups are not being hawked there? I saw the puppies on more than one occasion and as someone who bred show dogs years ago, can tell you the quality of the pups is poor and is not up to standard.

Quote:
My Puppy is now 4 years old and the love of my life. I know for a fact that the lady raises her own Puppies in the care of her home.
And they're show quality dogs to prove she knows what she's doing? Does she use a professional handler or show them herself? Does she proudly display their championship papers and 6 generation pedigrees? If not she is just another backyard breeder cranking out pups for a profit.

Quote:
My Puppy is the healthiest and happiest little Dog on my block. She's an adorable little Morkie ...
Which is a fancy term for a mixed breed or mongrel. The type you can find in any shelter for the adoption fee.

Quote:
....and I would highly recommend purchasing a Puppy from the lady on the Outside at the Market Of Marion.
Why, when she's selling mongrels with no AKC papers that can be found free on Craigslist and for a few bucks in the local shelters or Rescues? Don't you CARE that for every mongrel she cranks out to make a profit, a puppy just as lovable dies in a shelter? Apparently she doesn't care about that and only care to line her pockets. As for the health of the mongrels she's selling, I assume she has their health papers from a Lic LOCAL veterinarian to hand over with the pup.

Quote:
So if you have any doubts about her listen to me, she's amazing! My Neighbor just recently purchased a little Pug-a-Poo from her and he is sooo cute and healthy also. My Neighbor said that lady knows so much about Puppies, its very obvious that she loves and cares for her animals.
PLEASE... you can't be serious! She's breeding and selling cross-bred mongrels to people who don't know any better. Do YOU care that the shelters are having to kill excess puppies because of people like her? Why didn't you adopt a shelter pup instead of lining the pockets of a greedy backyard breeder?

Quote:
I have visited many times since the purchase of my Puppy, and her Puppies are so adorable and always kept extremely clean. The environment there is very Sanitary from what I have personally witnessed. Please take my review into consideration when reading other fraudulent Tabloid Gossip. Thank you.
~ AnimalLover77
Huh? You already admitted she was a backward breeder! I believe YOU are the one of those people selling the puppies outside the building and not someone who bought a mongrel from a backward breeder purveying their puppies there.

~ A REAL Animal lover and past breeder of purebred show dogs, not mongrels ~

Last edited by =^..^=; 05-02-2013 at 12:41 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 07:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 4,482,919 times
Quote:
I dont feel threatened in the slightest, I carry a pistol with me.
I do wory about the critters though, as I cant be out there every moment.
I am close to Sharpes Ferry bridge, and there are plenty of bears out here.
Because we are out in the county, animal control is much slower to respond.
We had an emergency out here New Years Eve, it took the sheriffs dept 20 minutes to get here.
You are right about animal control! A friend reported animal abuse and they
did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala