U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 04:10 PM

7 posts, read 13,576 times

Advertisements

Hi. My fiancee and I are looking to move to Ocala. We currently live in Pennsylvania. He has health problems and we are hoping that a change in climate will help him. Can anybody give me advice and information on your town. We would like to find a place with at least 3 bedrooms and an acre of land. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We were wondering how the weather is there in the winter. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM

23,417 posts, read 32,965,332 times
Dont move here without having jobs nailed down first.
Seriously.
The job market is beyond abysmal here.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 PM

we are both on disability, so that wont be a problem. We are looking for that country feel. Which areas are better than others

Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missystroup View Post
we are both on disability, so that wont be a problem. We are looking for that country feel. Which areas are better than others
It really depends on quite a few factors.....budget, are you into horses, your age, do you wanna be close to shopping?
If you were a bit more precise, I could be of more help.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 AM

7,201 posts, read 12,595,120 times
Quote:
Hi. My fiancee and I are looking to move to Ocala. We currently live in Pennsylvania. He has health problems and we are hoping that a change in climate will help him. Can anybody give me advice and information on your town. We would like to find a place with at least 3 bedrooms and an acre of land. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We were wondering how the weather is there in the winter. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Your health problems may be a "problem" since Ocala gets very hot in the summer. The summers here are quite long. There are loads of homes for sale outside the city. You may want to come down for a week and check out the real estate situation.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 AM

My fiancee has spinal stenosis and a bad knee. We dont mind if its hot, we want to get a place with a pool. How are the winters there in the way of weather?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
My fiancee has spinal stenosis and a bad knee. We dont mind if its hot, we want to get a place with a pool. How are the winters there in the way of weather?
Winters are relatively mild, we usually have a couple of hard freezes per year.
It got down to 38 here last night, but it will rebound within a couple of days.
The Ocala Master garden club says that the last freeze date occurs before March 15, and does not recommend planting before then.
They really know what they are talking about, so I believe them.
I've lived here since 89, it has snowed twice since then, with no accumulation.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM

7,201 posts, read 12,595,120 times
Quote:
Try and find a "buyer's Agent" since they work for you and not the seller. They are also more apt to tell you things you should know about a neighborhood and general area.

The winters are not bad. There is a mild winter season here but most days are sunny and warm enough to run around without a jacket or coat.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
Default Moving to Ocala

Could I get opinions on the condo and area at 559 Fairways Dr Unit A?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:44 PM

4,044 posts, read 6,791,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddude View Post
Could I get opinions on the condo and area at 559 Fairways Dr Unit A?
Cheap price, but I think you could do better if you can afford a little more. You can send me a private message for more details about the unit. See my personal profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or