Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 7,984 times

Advertisements

We own a lot in Rainbow Lakes Estates and are considering building a home there in the near future. Can anyone let me know about the area? I have 2 small children that will be starting school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 03:40 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,593 times
Well up until October 1st 2008, we lived in Lake Tropicana which is just up the road from RLE. I had a co-worker that bought a house there and loved it. My kids (teens) had some friends there. There are deed restrictions, which is why my in laws bought in Lake Tropicana instead. The elementary school is Romeo Elementary, which I always thought was rather odd since it is much closer to RLE than it is to Romeo (which is a VERY small town north of RLE)

Three of my four kids went to Romeo Elementary. Overall I liked it. My youngest is low functioning autistic so she had to be bussed to school in Ocala which I did NOT like. We are now homeschooling.

We moved to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma four monthes ago and are really happy here. We lived near Dunnellon, Florida for most of our nineteen (and counting) year marriage. Good luck with your decision.DM me if you want any more info.

Overall Rainbow Lakes Estates is considered a safe, quiet area. You would be close to Rainbow Springs State Park. There are lots of Mom/Pop resaurants, antiques and groceries in Dunnellon. Citrus County is close by and there are more family things to do there than in Ocala. In fact I always preffered going to Crystal River or Inverness.They are both about the same distance anyway

Old 06-04-2012, 10:45 AM

154 posts, read 421,945 times
Default Dunnellon/Tropicana

We want to move to the Dunnellon area. There seems to be a lot of property for sale. It is the economy? Did everyone have to go to larger cities? I loved the area when I was there a few months ago. Lake Tropicana, Rainbow Lake,etc.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:40 PM

6,475 posts, read 10,343,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazymae2010 View Post
We want to move to the Dunnellon area. There seems to be a lot of property for sale. It is the economy? Did everyone have to go to larger cities? I loved the area when I was there a few months ago. Lake Tropicana, Rainbow Lake,etc.
At the height of the real estate boom, land and homes were selling fast here. There are many vacant lots and homes on the market now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala