Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,503 times

Advertisements

So I have spent most of my life living in New York, both in the city and suburbs, until I moved to Gainesville with my long-time girlfriend. For my job I will need to relocate to Ocala and want to hear some opinions on good places to look.

I am on a budget and would prefer renting in an apartment complex. My main criteria is under $600 a month in rent, and have no problem with a 1 bedroom or studio. I definitely want a safe place and preferably not around the corner from trailer parks. Are there places to clearly stay away from?

Closer to bars or night life would be great, so that I can carve out at least a friendly watering hole for myself. Any suggestions of good friendly places? I am not looking for night clubs or dance parties, just some friendly company for a 25 year old.

Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:57 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Couple of suggestions for you in finding a home/rental. You can contact a local realtor, try www.ocala4sale and check the classifieds, check out Apartments for Rent | Apartment Finder and Rentals Locator | Apartmentfinder.com. I wish you success and hope that is helpful. Not much of a nightlife in the Ocala area.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25fromNY View Post
So I have spent most of my life living in New York, both in the city and suburbs, until I moved to Gainesville with my long-time girlfriend. For my job I will need to relocate to Ocala and want to hear some opinions on good places to look.
Good places will not be the cheap rent district.

Quote:
I am on a budget and would prefer renting in an apartment complex. My main criteria is under $600 a month in rent, and have no problem with a 1 bedroom or studio. I definitely want a safe place and preferably not around the corner from trailer parks. Are there places to clearly stay away from?
$600 a month would be in or close to the low-rent district. The Trailer Park may be 1/2 a mile down the road. You're probably better off contacting a RE agent in Ocala and explain what you want and how much you can pay. The ads in the newspaper don't tell you what kind of neighborhood the place is in.

Quote:
Closer to bars or night life would be great, so that I can carve out at least a friendly watering hole for myself. Any suggestions of good friendly places? I am not looking for night clubs or dance parties, just some friendly company for a 25 year old.

Thanks for any advice.
Your long term GF who moved down with you may not be happy about that. Oh!... do you mean male companionship? Drinking buddies? Ocala isn't known for it's nightlife. Maybe because of all the retirees there.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:09 AM

Haha thanks, I did mean drinking buddies/any companionship that the girlfriend would be cool with. I went down to ocala looking. My top two choices are Paddock Park and Grand Reserve. I know there is a pretty big price difference but does anyone have any experience with either place that they could share with me? I know about the apartment rating websites, but the only people who fill those out are really pissed cause something just went wrong, or management trying to keep ratings up.

Please let me know if anyone has experience at either. Thanks

Old 06-11-2012, 12:58 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Did you check Carlton Arms ??

Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 6,072 times
Heathbrook, near Paddock Park??

Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM

I looked at Carlton arms, but the 1 bedroom was really tiny and had zero perks to it. I don't think i looked at heathbrook. I called Grand Reserve today and they quoted me a price that was $26 dollars more a month than what they told me last week. and kinda priced them out.

K9s, did you live in Heathbrook/ can you share your experience there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: