Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:35 AM

13 posts, read 25,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtracker45 View Post
No, full of druggies, drunks, smokers, redneck people that see extremely stupid. Never been to a more ignorant place in my life. Many sex offenders in Dunnellon....stay out of Dunnellon if you don't drink, smoke, or talk like a hill billy......
This really seems to be the case... have lived in Ocala area... also Marion county area is known for it's speed traps and corrupt "civil infraction" courts (speed ticket court).

Moderator cut: personal - off topic

Last edited by Marka; 08-10-2014 at 04:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,101 times
where the best place to leave and build a camping in north of florida

Old 04-19-2015, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 5,412 times
I moved into Ocala from Delaware 3 yrs ago (OTOW community) Don't live there unless you want to fight the traffic and try to use all the advertised facilities Especially when SNOW BIRDS in town.. Geesh.. We have a beautiful home but sold it after 3 yrs there. We purchased in Citrus County... Secluded yet close to shopping and such.. Ocala has become so congested that many are moving away from Ocala because of crowds, even getting a seat at a restaurant is a 20 min wait up there. I'm happy we moved, but sad to leave my beautiful home...I used to live in Ft Lauderdale many moons ago and Ocala is getting just as bad

Old 04-19-2015, 05:02 PM

6,627 posts, read 7,344,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover710 View Post
I moved into Ocala from Delaware 3 yrs ago (OTOW community) Don't live there unless you want to fight the traffic and try to use all the advertised facilities Especially when SNOW BIRDS in town.. Geesh.. We have a beautiful home but sold it after 3 yrs there. We purchased in Citrus County... Secluded yet close to shopping and such.. Ocala has become so congested that many are moving away from Ocala because of crowds, even getting a seat at a restaurant is a 20 min wait up there. I'm happy we moved, but sad to leave my beautiful home...I used to live in Ft Lauderdale many moons ago and Ocala is getting just as bad
my experience is the traffic is not bad but route 200 does have a lot of traffic. Might depend on where you moved from

Old 04-20-2015, 11:41 AM

38 posts, read 83,304 times
We lived in the Marion County part of the Villages about 10 years ago. At the time, Ocala wasn't terrible, but it is definitely Conservative with a capital "C". If you have any liberal values at all, you will not fit in Ocala or the whole corridor that includes everything from Marion County down to Orlando. You will certainly get more for your money, home wise, but it is a cultural wasteland. It is also decidedly dangerous if you have health issues. The doctors in the area are substandard. You need to go to Tampa, Orlando, or Gainesville for any kind of decent care (and getting into Shands requires pull).

Old 05-10-2015, 04:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRG514 View Post
We lived in the Marion County part of the Villages about 10 years ago. At the time, Ocala wasn't terrible, but it is definitely Conservative with a capital "C". If you have any liberal values at all, you will not fit in Ocala or the whole corridor that includes everything from Marion County down to Orlando. You will certainly get more for your money, home wise, but it is a cultural wasteland. It is also decidedly dangerous if you have health issues. The doctors in the area are substandard. You need to go to Tampa, Orlando, or Gainesville for any kind of decent care (and getting into Shands requires pull).
If you have not been in Ocala for 10 yrs. It's a bit unfair to rate it as a cultural wasteland. We have been here since 2001 and have seen huge changes (most good a few not so much especially the traffic). Also on the medical end I have been unfortunate enough in the last several years to need hospital care and have received great care at the trauma center at Ocala Regional and also with Oncologists in both Ocala and Gainesville.

We do horses and have a training facility so unlike most responses here would hate living anywhere else in Florida.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:04 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRG514 View Post
I have to disagree with that, considering Mount Dora and Apopka are in that stretch.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 AM

41 posts, read 66,656 times
My parents live in Ocala as well as my aunt and Uncle. My parents live in Stone Creek and they love it. We love it when we come to visit. We like that it's a smaller town. We are thinking about moving there . I'm originally from memphis and now live in Nashville. It'sy experience that every city/town has druggies, drinks and so fourth. It's everywhere . That doesn't really stop me from wanting to live somewhere bc I know that's not the kind of life I live and don't plan on living in a bad part of town. Also if you hate a city so much then move. That's why I left memphis bc I just couldn't stand it. I also know people who love it there so to each there own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala