Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 02:23 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,510,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You can definitely rent short-term if you just want to check out the place. They even have what they call "lifestyle visits" where you rent a Villages-owned property for 4-7 nights. You get vouchers and coupons to various shops in the "town squares" and other area businesses, a golf cart, a tram tour of the Villages, free golfing, movie tickets (they have a first-run movie theatre in Lake Sumter Landing, where the Creekside Cabanas are that you'd be renting). It's $125/night for the rental and all the amenities.

If nothing else, I recommend it as a vacation!
I did that. I was a wonderful vacation; however the real estate people were a bit pushy.
You can also go online and rent a house directly from the owner. Much cheaper and less intrusive.(I also did that.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
I did that. I was a wonderful vacation; however the real estate people were a bit pushy.
You can also go online and rent a house directly from the owner. Much cheaper and less intrusive.(I also did that.)
We haven't done the lifestyle visit yet, we're saving that for when we're closer to my husband's retirement. We asked about it when we rented; rentals typically are done with the Villages real estate as the "middle-man" (though yes some owners rent privately without going through the Villages). We were still offered the free tram tour, and we get a call once every year from the salesman asking if we're coming back to either vacation or buy.

The RE people aren't very pushy at all except when you are with them directly, but at any point during the conversation, you can tell them you're not ready to buy and will go to them if you have any questions. They'll take the hint and give you your package, directions to the cottage, your key, and let you be on your way. If you don't do that, they'll talk your ear off. We figured that out our first year vacationing

Old 07-31-2016, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,211 times
I cannot imagine anyone being duped into believing anything in New Mexico would be better than anywhere in the country. The poorest, most uneducated, unhealthy place in all fifty states. There is zero that is attractive about it. Florida has a lot to offer statewide. You just have to pay attention to crime stats. Been studying the state now for more than ten years and have uncovered a dozen outstanding locations. This Lady Lake place is not one of them, but it looks fine. By the sound of the original questioner, I would think Punta Gorda would be optimal.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 PM

255 posts, read 694,931 times
Dazed1, I have a rental in The Villages if you want to Direct Message me here. Only have Jan '17 free. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala