Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 PM

20 posts, read 94,373 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to move into the Ocala area in a few months and have been looking at potential places to rent. From what I've read on the forum, I know to stay away from Marion Oaks and areas of SSS. Most of the places have been either in the SE area or SW along the 200 corridor. I also read about how brutal Ocala Electric is so anywhere they cover is out.

Not too many things show up for the NW side, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any info about the 34482 (NW) zip area. Specifically, we saw a couple listings for some homes off of 225A between SR326 and US 27. Most of the area seems rural and dominated by horse ranches but there's some kind of neighborhood off of 62nd St. At first I thought this was Ocala Electric territory but according to its site, it's a SECO area. The rents were lower than I thought (<1000 for 3br) compared to what's along the 200 corridor and I was trying to find out why. We drove through that neighborhood and it looked fine. Is it because it's rural and somewhat away from things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,575 times
The neighborhood is Ocala Park Estates. Its a fairly large suburb, if you have a map of the area already its from 326/225A intersection to about 2 miles east(?) on 225A all the way to 44th Avenue. Some of its nice but there are a lot of homes built in the 80s-00s that need work. Also, mobile homes and more run down areas. My parents live on the edge with a horse farm bordering them and its peaceful.

200 is the new area of Ocala. You'll probably find newer homes and more options than a standard 3/2.

I work about 2 miles from 326/225A intersection and live in the northeast part of Ocala. I'd look more into a home with a small lot in this area.

Just be forewarned that all of Ocala without HOAs is hit and miss including multimillion dollar homes next to mobile homes with couches and chained dogs out front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: