Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:37 PM

561 posts, read 1,512,528 times

Advertisements

1. How are the property taxes (Marion county) for the various 55+ communities?

2. Can someone give me the association/HOA fees for some of the same communities; and what is included for these fees?

3. What are some rates for homeowner insurance? I know this is based on home values, but let's say around $120K.

4. Do any of these 55+ communities have RV parking areas?

Thanks in advance for any help and assistance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 PM

9 posts, read 34,482 times
1. How are the property taxes (Marion county) for the various 55+ communities?

They have raised 300% over the last 3 years. Expect on 125K $2000.00

2. Can someone give me the association/HOA fees for some of the same communities; and what is included for these fees?

3. What are some rates for homeowner insurance? I know this is based on home values, but let's say around $120K.

Again raised to pay for other areas of the State but expect $1200+ depending on coverage. In 2004 it would have been 700.00

4. Do any of these 55+ communities have RV parking areas?

I do not know of any in Marion County that allow them at your home (community 55+). Some developments have areas you can rent as storage though.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM

126 posts, read 341,363 times
Try Stone Creek There A 55 It's A Del Webb Community

Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM

18 posts, read 183,582 times
Default SummerGlen

Take a look at SummerGlen Community. The lowest HOA fees anywhere. It is only $125.00 per month and that even includes your lawn service. Resident owned, No CDD bond, and NO CLOSING COSTS. Very large RV storage facility for residents, FREE. A must see. Lots to do and has a golf course. Very LOW price per square foot. Homeowners insurance typically runs around $800.00 per yr mol. Taxes average around $2500.00 per yr. No city tax. Developer does not control water, sewer, and cable.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:42 PM

30 posts, read 130,806 times
Are you looking for site built housing or mobile home parks?

Most 55+ communities I know of do have RV parking, and if not, there are lots of places where you can store it for reasonable cost ($1/day)

Parking and living in an RV in Marion County is illegal, except by permit, which allows you to do so for 90 days once a year. Despite this, there are A LOT of people doing it. I guess they don't care if no one complains.

HOA fees are anywhere from $50/month to $400/month. ASK carefully! On Top of the World was around $380/month last I inquired and included quite a bit. Rolling Greens (MHP) was around $500/month and everyone is trying to get out. That is ridiculous.

Homeowners insurance is spotty. I've know people to have trouble insuring site built homes. Mobile homes are almost impossible to insure - don't know how anyone has insurance on them. Costs again range from $600/yr - over $1200.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 6,408 times
Question how do you decide

i really appreciate the information i find here. but i feel overwhelmed. i am a young sixty and enjoy golf, tennis, running, hiking--sometimes all in the same day.

we are looking for an affordable place we can own outright. we love colorado, but are looking for warmth and ocala seems to offer many options. i have family in new smyrna beach but it is expensive near the ocean.

but how do you decide? so many communities, so little information.

any help greatly appreciated.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 AM

18 posts, read 183,582 times
amithatold,
I live in SummerGlen Community in Ocala. I love it. Quality built green and energy efficient homes. Resident owned, no closing costs, and VERY low monthly HOA fees. Only $125.00 a month and that includes your lawn mowing on your lot. BTW you own your property the house sits on. Not in the city so lower taxes. Lower insurance rates because of locale and block and steel construction. Where To Retire Magazine top 100 Community. I could go on and on. Check us out. Good Luck

Old 10-06-2008, 05:16 PM

5 posts, read 25,184 times
Hi - we are retiring to Fl. -- - We really hate cold weather !
I see alot about where Families with Kids should move -
We want to be around people that share our lifestyle - just as the people with kids do!
So where do Retirees go in the Dunedin area to live ??
We want a Dog Friendly area -- like the one we are in now .
We love to walk & be outdoors .
LOW CRIME A MUST !!
Thanks so much for sharing -- maybe I'm in the wrong forum if so could someone guide me to the one for the oldies !!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM

25 posts, read 143,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amithatold? View Post
i really appreciate the information i find here. but i feel overwhelmed. i am a young sixty and enjoy golf, tennis, running, hiking--sometimes all in the same day.

we are looking for an affordable place we can own outright. we love colorado, but are looking for warmth and ocala seems to offer many options. i have family in new smyrna beach but it is expensive near the ocean.

but how do you decide? so many communities, so little information.

any help greatly appreciated.
SummerGlen may be the perfect community for you. It's convenient to I-75 and only about 10 miles from downtown. It has a golf course, lots to do. If you'd like me to send you listings that are available on resales I'd be happy to. Just let me know.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 10,249 times
Why Ocala? Way too crowded. Why not look at Summerfield. We use to live at Spruce Creek, Del Webb Community. There are only resales but that is the way to go. Way too many fees for new homes in fl., Ex: doc stamp and title insurance could cost you thousands. Many activities, golf swimming, tennis, pickleball (you'll love to play) they have a great hiking trail. Great wellness ctr.
The only reason we moved is due to elderly family member

Last edited by cmj_fla; 10-13-2008 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: no realtor recommendations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala