U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 04:51 PM

464 posts, read 797,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Right now, early October, it's been rather breezy. Is it always like this? It's been sort of overcast, but very pleasant, IMO. I like it.

OTOH, Rte 200 is a real bear traffic-wise. Don't get me wrong, there's all sort of conveniences along the way, but when you don't know where things are, watch out! Lots of U-turns. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice living back off the main drag. Very treesy and quiet. But navigating 200 is another matter. And I thought 301 was bad, lol.
These are the days I live for. Cooler, dry, and a nice breeze. Got the house opened up and the garage screen doors allow a wonderful breeze that is heavenly. Pool dropped 10 degrees to 88. May have to break out the solar cover to aid the solar heaters. :-)

Yes, 200 can be a bear. People from other areas laugh when you say that, but one does become accustomed to a slower pace that is evident everywhere else but 200. I avoid 200 between the flyover and SW 27th Ave, but it is easily avoided. Although lately, the SW corridor is getting mighty busy. Thank God for the back roads but I have a few choice words for how Oak Run was allowed to gate off a busy artery. Oh well, them old folks love them some gates. LOL!

Welcome, Kmarc!
Dax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 05:41 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,595,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
These are the days I live for. Cooler, dry, and a nice breeze. Got the house opened up and the garage screen doors allow a wonderful breeze that is heavenly. Pool dropped 10 degrees to 88. May have to break out the solar cover to aid the solar heaters. :-)

Yes, 200 can be a bear. People from other areas laugh when you say that, but one does become accustomed to a slower pace that is evident everywhere else but 200. I avoid 200 between the flyover and SW 27th Ave, but it is easily avoided. Although lately, the SW corridor is getting mighty busy. Thank God for the back roads but I have a few choice words for how Oak Run was allowed to gate off a busy artery. Oh well, them old folks love them some gates. LOL!

Welcome, Kmarc!
Dax
Thank you for your kind words of welcome, Dax. In fact we have been cleaning up the downed branches and yard waste on the property from Irma, with a great deal of help from a neighbor and a local yard guy. Actually, it's mainly them doing the work, we sort of walked into a the situation when we got here and had no idea what to do or who to contact until the neighbor stepped in. We were lucky, though. We've been hearing stories of a couple of people who had their homes bashed in by fallen trees.

I do love this weather. A real blessing after the long hot summer. It's breezy and treesy here.

I have got to figure out those back roads. I'll take out the map, would prefer to avoid 200 when I can. Doesn't Oak Run have entrances/exits on both 200 and 484?

We really enjoyed Pavarotti's Pizza, btw. Best. Calamari. Ever.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:46 PM

16,125 posts, read 10,924,533 times
Quote:
Right now, early October, it's been rather breezy. Is it always like this? It's been sort of overcast, but very pleasant, IMO. I like it.

OTOH, Rte 200 is a real bear traffic-wise. Don't get me wrong, there's all sort of conveniences along the way, but when you don't know where things are, watch out! Lots of U-turns. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice living back off the main drag. Very treesy and quiet. But navigating 200 is another matter. And I thought 301 was bad, lol.
Most times it is more windy in Oct from the east or northeast. Always had rough seas when fishing offshore in Oct when the wind was blowing 20knts+.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Most times it is more windy in Oct from the east or northeast. Always had rough seas when fishing offshore in Oct when the wind was blowing 20knts+.
I don't remember it being all that breezy in the Tampa area last year, I just remember waiting for the break in the weather that never quite happened. Up here, seems like the weather has broken somewhat. It's still warm during the day, but way better than it was, that's for sure. It's actually rather comfortable.

I've always felt that October is the best month in Florida.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I don't remember it being all that breezy in the Tampa area last year, I just remember waiting for the break in the weather that never quite happened. Up here, seems like the weather has broken somewhat. It's still warm during the day, but way better than it was, that's for sure. It's actually rather comfortable.

I've always felt that October is the best month in Florida.
Last fall was dead. No 60's here for my area anytime soon.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words of welcome, Dax. In fact we have been cleaning up the downed branches and yard waste on the property from Irma, with a great deal of help from a neighbor and a local yard guy. Actually, it's mainly them doing the work, we sort of walked into a the situation when we got here and had no idea what to do or who to contact until the neighbor stepped in. We were lucky, though. We've been hearing stories of a couple of people who had their homes bashed in by fallen trees.

I do love this weather. A real blessing after the long hot summer. It's breezy and treesy here.

I have got to figure out those back roads. I'll take out the map, would prefer to avoid 200 when I can. Doesn't Oak Run have entrances/exits on both 200 and 484?

We really enjoyed Pavarotti's Pizza, btw. Best. Calamari. Ever.
Oak Run also has an entrance on SW 62nd Ave, just south of 103rd St Rd. In real life, it's where Airport Rd (SW 60th Ave) ends at the Oak Run gate.

Ahhh, Pavarotti's. A local favorite, although I don't share your affinity for calamari. Their original location was in Dunnellon when they expanded to Canopy Oaks. After a year or two, they closed in Dunnellon. Next time you get the urge to wander a bit, look up Blue Highway. My favorite location is actually in Tioga Town Square. Make an afternoon of it and bring a cooler for the fresh seafood market around the corner. Make a Saturday out of your visit and hit up the Haile Plantation Farmers market on your way up.

Here's to good neighbors.
Dax

Old 10-05-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Last fall was dead. No 60's here for my area anytime soon.
Nope, don't think so. You're still in that stagnant zone. Here in Ocala, we're a bit elevated and closer to God.

Dax

Old 10-05-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Nope, don't think so. You're still in that stagnant zone. Here in Ocala, we're a bit elevated and closer to God.

Dax
God has nothing to do with it. We have not had a normal fall in years.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
God has nothing to do with it. We have not had a normal fall in years.
That's the bay area, LK. I tell you we're having great weather here in the Ocala area. The breeze just won't quit! I feel like I can breathe.

Although the lawn guy did say it was unusual and he's been here 20 years.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:

Here's to good neighbors.
Dax
Amen. And that's one of the things I've noticed in my brief time here, the general friendliness of the people we've encountered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or