Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:14 AM

6,623 posts, read 7,334,922 times

Advertisements

I think you have identified a good area and renting for a year or two will give you plenty of time to evaluate. You may want to look at the Friendship part (also some of the other communities might have a resale that meets your need (CB) of on Top of the World. When you compare expenses be sure you understand what is include in the HOA fees so you compare apples to apples. Fences maybe a problem but on some lots in on Top of The World their are fences. Be sure you get approval from the HOA before you buy for your fence.

Consider how much you will have to use your car in each community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 09:29 AM

174 posts, read 365,658 times
Default HOA Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I think you have identified a good area and renting for a year or two will give you plenty of time to evaluate. You may want to look at the Friendship part (also some of the other communities might have a resale that meets your need (CB) of on Top of the World. When you compare expenses be sure you understand what is include in the HOA fees so you compare apples to apples. Fences maybe a problem but on some lots in on Top of The World their are fences. Be sure you get approval from the HOA before you buy for your fence.

Consider how much you will have to use your car in each community.
One of the reasons that I didn't consider On-Top-of-the-World is, because as I understand it, their HOA fees are over $400/mo. That would defeat the purpose of buying a modestly priced home.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:40 PM

63 posts, read 255,464 times
When are you looking to move? I may be relocated to largo FL for my job and will have to sell our non musty smelling, fully fenced in yard, neighbors used to my yippee terrier barking at squirrels home!😁

Old 03-29-2016, 03:31 PM

Wow, that sounds great! We can buy anytime, because we are planning on keeping our home here for a while. We figure on using the home in Palm Cay for the winter. Eventually, we'll sell this home and move completely. So keep me informed. We are planning on paying cash, so maybe you can save money on a real estate commission and we can get a good deal also?

Sincerely,
David

Old 03-29-2016, 04:17 PM

63 posts, read 255,464 times
I'll know more in a couple weeks and will message you. BTW our house house is very nice. Brand new roof and tile flooring throughout before we moved in.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:35 PM

6,623 posts, read 7,334,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
Wow, that sounds great! We can buy anytime, because we are planning on keeping our home here for a while. We figure on using the home in Palm Cay for the winter. Eventually, we'll sell this home and move completely. So keep me informed. We are planning on paying cash, so maybe you can save money on a real estate commission and we can get a good deal also?

Sincerely,
David
If you plan on renting when you are not using the home check your HOA for the rules.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:20 PM

Default Palm Cay

O.K., we are ready to put our home on the market in Ohio this summer and hope to find a home in Palm Cay after it is sold. We are finally settled on Palm Cay and hopefully can find a nice home there. We are currently snowbirds and have a mobile home in Sebring, fl for the winters. So our plan is to put our Ohio home on the market before we head down here next winter. That way, it will be empty and easy for the realtor to show and sell. If and when it sells, Palm Cay here we come! Oh, the big downside of Palm Cay and other 55+ communities in Ocala is Route 200. That is treacherous.

Can someone tell me how much the average water and sewer bill is in Palm Cay. That is about the only info I haven't checked-out. The HOA fee and electric is very reasonable.

Thanks,

David

Old 01-09-2018, 01:29 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
O.K., we are ready to put our home on the market in Ohio this summer and hope to find a home in Palm Cay after it is sold. We are finally settled on Palm Cay and hopefully can find a nice home there. We are currently snowbirds and have a mobile home in Sebring, fl for the winters. So our plan is to put our Ohio home on the market before we head down here next winter. That way, it will be empty and easy for the realtor to show and sell. If and when it sells, Palm Cay here we come! Oh, the big downside of Palm Cay and other 55+ communities in Ocala is Route 200. That is treacherous.

Can someone tell me how much the average water and sewer bill is in Palm Cay. That is about the only info I haven't checked-out. The HOA fee and electric is very reasonable.

Thanks,

David
Average water and sewer bill is $16-$18 bucks. City water coming in, septic going out.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:49 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Agree with you about the lack of modest, concrete block homes in the retirement communities. It's not that they don't exist in this area, just not in the retirement communities. If you want a modest home with a modest price, it's frame and siding. Either that or end up in Marion Oaks, the Shores or one of the subdivisions close to town.

Also agree about 200. Despite that, I like it here in the Ocala area. Very much. Palm Cay is very dog friendly.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:50 PM

THANKS!
$16 - $18 bucks is really cheap. I have to think that city water and sewer will cost about three or four times that amount? Maybe more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala