Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,164 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Can you suggest a excellent Real Estate broker in either Inverness or Ocala that has a reputable established business. I am looking for a establishment that been in the area a good long time with great references. What is important is knowing how many homes that were sold last year and this year? I want to know from everyone if the broker worked alone or with a team. Some brokers work for the seller and buyer, can anyone recommend a broker that works only for the buyer? I really don't know if that is possible. If there are unscrupulous real estate companies in these areas which ones do I avoid.
What type of food stores are there in these areas? Do you have ShopRite, Stop N Shop and Patel Brothers. Do you have a Chinatown where I can purchase chinese goods? Where is it located? Are there large malls that have stores like: Macy's, JCPenny etc. Are there any Hindu temples in this area? If not can you recommend one to me and tell me how far in miles it is from Inverness?. Can you kindly recommend a Pain Management doctor. I am very excited about moving to Florida and not dealing with the cold and snowy weather. I prefer the heat and enjoy growing vegetables. I heard there are problems with police coming to people(s) homes to get rid of the gardens. Is this occurring in these areas?
Can someone suggest a car carrier company that drives cars from NY to Florida. A car is placed on a ramp with other cars and they are transported to their destination. What are the pros and cons of this.
What part of Inverness and Ocala are bears roaming around? Are there areas to avoid in purchasing a a home? I am afraid of bears.
Thanks for reading my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 09:30 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,256,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra327 View Post
Hi Everyone,
Can you suggest a excellent Real Estate broker in either Inverness or Ocala that has a reputable established business. I am looking for a establishment that been in the area a good long time with great references. What is important is knowing how many homes that were sold last year and this year? I want to know from everyone if the broker worked alone or with a team. Some brokers work for the seller and buyer, can anyone recommend a broker that works only for the buyer? I really don't know if that is possible. If there are unscrupulous real estate companies in these areas which ones do I avoid.
What type of food stores are there in these areas? Do you have ShopRite, Stop N Shop and Patel Brothers. Do you have a Chinatown where I can purchase chinese goods? Where is it located? Are there large malls that have stores like: Macy's, JCPenny etc. Are there any Hindu temples in this area? If not can you recommend one to me and tell me how far in miles it is from Inverness?. Can you kindly recommend a Pain Management doctor. I am very excited about moving to Florida and not dealing with the cold and snowy weather. I prefer the heat and enjoy growing vegetables. I heard there are problems with police coming to people(s) homes to get rid of the gardens. Is this occurring in these areas?
Can someone suggest a car carrier company that drives cars from NY to Florida. A car is placed on a ramp with other cars and they are transported to their destination. What are the pros and cons of this.
What part of Inverness and Ocala are bears roaming around? Are there areas to avoid in purchasing a a home? I am afraid of bears.
After reading your post, it sounds like you might have not visited Florida. Florida is very different than near New York City. From what I've seen, there are very small Asian shopping areas. There's an area in Orlando, and I think in Tampa and Miami areas. In smaller cities, if there is an Asian store, it's very tiny, and only one store stilling alone by itself in the smaller city.

You'll find all the major big box stores in the higher populated areas, so you might have to drive some distance. You can get frost north of Orlando, a fairly rare event from my understanding, so that might put a damper on your gardening.

There's wildlife when you get away from the more populated areas. If you're afraid of bears, you might also be afraid of gators, snakes, and spiders. That's a new one, the police shutting down gardens. That's probably only if you're growing an illegal crops! Before you get involved with illegal crops, watch the "Breaking Bad" series to learn what might happen to you if you become involved in any way with illegal crops or drugs. An HOV or deeded property area could fine you to put your garden out existence quickly, if you're growing legal crops.

I've been trying to find out about car transport companies too, but they always seem to want you to call them, and probably talk to a hyped up salesman. All I want is rough, ballpark numbers for transporting cars from Minnesota to SW Florida.

If you haven't visited Florida, you should visit Florida several times to find out if you like it. Don't just visit in the winters, also visit in the summers, when it's hot and humid, plus you have the daily afternoon thunderstorms. There's a lot of things to like about Florida. No snowbelt winters, no state income taxes, great fishing, golf, and ton of things to see and do, not just Disney. Like any other place, there are negatives in Florida. The drivers, the insurance rates (auto, home, wind, flood, sinkhole), the fees, and other things. You just need to weigh living one place verses another place to decide what is best for you.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:50 AM

268 posts, read 224,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra327 View Post
I prefer the heat and enjoy growing vegetables. I heard there are problems with police coming to people(s) homes to get rid of the gardens. Is this occurring in these areas?
I can't help with your other questions but if you want to grow a garden do not buy or rent in a Gated Community. The rules are very strict in those places which turned us off completely. Not the Police but the HOAs will not allow gardening. I too am an avid gardener. The HOAs in fact dictate to you how you can live in your own home and what you can do with your own property. We chose a nice quiet area 12 miles from Ocala where there are no HOAs.

I shipped a car 900 miles. It came through without a problem. Sorry but don't remember what company I used.

Bears can be anywhere there are large tracks of undeveloped land.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:20 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,256,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
I can't help with your other questions but if you want to grow a garden do not buy or rent in a Gated Community. The rules are very strict in those places which turned us off completely. Not the Police but the HOAs will not allow gardening. I too am an avid gardener. The HOAs in fact dictate to you how you can live in your own home and what you can do with your own property. We chose a nice quiet area 12 miles from Ocala where there are no HOAs.

I shipped a car 900 miles. It came through without a problem. Sorry but don't remember what company I used.

Bears can be anywhere there are large tracks of undeveloped land.
About how much did it cost to ship your car, how long ago, and how long did it take? I saw a posting where the cost was about $1100 to ship a car from somewhere in Texas to somewhere in California. It seems a little pricey. The upper Midwest to SW Florida is a little farther distance. Oh course if you drove time car across the country, there's gas, wear and tear on the car, risk of accidents, more mileage on the car, your time, hotel(s), food, the airfare back, if it's s round trip.

We also love to do gardening. Moving from the snowbelt to SW Florida would be depressing without being able to do year round gardening. Of course, most people probably don't like gardening, so those tight rules on what you can do on your own property might be just fine for them. The risk of living away from HOAs and gated communities is possible higher crime risks, and your next door neighbors might want to decorate their properties with junk cars, old toilets, and other trash.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:48 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,243,305 times
I would use google earth to look at the area and search for stores, restaurants etc.

Why are you moving? Work? where. Retirement? I think the reason will help you in finding a location.

Note that Ocala is a city AND also the area around the city. Thus add areas within say 10 miles to Ocala as your third area.

Pay attention to taxes and utility rates. Various a lot by location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala