Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 01:47 PM

9 posts, read 10,665 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I live in Orlando and am looking for an Independent Living/Assisted Living place for my 81 year old father who lives in the NE and wants to come to FL. (He can still live independently, but will probably need some assisted living services soon) Looking at Ocala area.

Looking for input on those two properties. And am open to recommendation on others in the area. Pricing must be on the lower side vs the high end, looking to go in for not more than $2000/month if at all possible. Want food to be good Would like heated pool. Thank you for any input!! (Hard to find reviews on these places!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 07:26 PM

3,145 posts, read 3,095,150 times
If you are interested in an area a bit north of Ocala (about 45 miles) check out The Village in Gainesville. My hair stylist moved her parents up from Deerfield in Broward and a former neighbor was looking at selling her home in Newberry and moving there. Great value for the money and great reputation.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:23 AM

Thanks. I would rather the property be closer to Orlando vs farther away, but quality counts, so Ive noted that one. Thank you!

Old 09-16-2017, 05:10 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,243,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB00 View Post
Hi,

I live in Orlando and am looking for an Independent Living/Assisted Living place for my 81 year old father who lives in the NE and wants to come to FL. (He can still live independently, but will probably need some assisted living services soon) Looking at Ocala area.

Looking for input on those two properties. And am open to recommendation on others in the area. Pricing must be on the lower side vs the high end, looking to go in for not more than $2000/month if at all possible. Want food to be good Would like heated pool. Thank you for any input!! (Hard to find reviews on these places!!)
I think you are going to have to go to 3,300 or 3,400 per month. Look at https://www.senioradvisor.com/orland...ed-living-cost

Also do a search of all the homes in your area and see what they costs.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:08 AM

Thanks. When I said $2000/month, I meant for Independent Living level, in case anyone isnt clear is less than Assisted Living level as it doesnt include the cost of care added for Assisted Living services, but just includes usually rent and utilities, activities, at least one meal per day, twice monthly housekeeping, and transportation services.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 AM

529 posts, read 1,161,918 times
Quote:
Thanks. When I said $2000/month, I meant for Independent Living level, in case anyone isnt clear is less than Assisted Living level as it doesnt include the cost of care added for Assisted Living services, but just includes usually rent and utilities, activities, at least one meal per day, twice monthly housekeeping, and transportation services.
There is a newer facility locally called Hawthorne Village, but I don't know much about it. One thing to keep in mind is to check if there are assisted living/ rehab facilities at that location. Independent Living residents are priority placements if other services are needed, short or long term.

Good luck
Dax

Old 09-17-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks Dax

Old 09-21-2017, 03:47 PM

51 posts, read 220,756 times
We moved mom into Hawthorne Village's independent apartments a few years back. The cost at the time was around $2500 a month for a very nice one bedroom apt with balcony. This includes two meals a day (lunch and dinner) and all utilities except for phone. Mom liked living there and I would recommend it.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:23 AM

529 posts, read 1,161,918 times
Quote:
Hi,

Almost forgot about this. If your father is a Veteran, check out the VFW Veterans Village in Fort McCoy.
13005 NE 135th St, Ocala 32134
352-236-0823

A one of a kind complex that he might truly enjoy.

Dax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala