Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 06:39 PM

150 posts, read 230,947 times

Advertisements

For those who might be concerned about the 200 corridor, take a very close look at the Marion County Land Use Plan for 2030. It scared the hell out of me and was a big part of the reason I left the SW side of the county. Subdivision after subdivision after subdivision and schools schools schools and traffic traffic traffic are planned Ugh.

If I wanted to live in suburb-land just like north Tampa, I would have moved to freaking north Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 07:11 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,112,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatkay View Post
For those who might be concerned about the 200 corridor, take a very close look at the Marion County Land Use Plan for 2030. It scared the hell out of me and was a big part of the reason I left the SW side of the county. Subdivision after subdivision after subdivision and schools schools schools and traffic traffic traffic are planned Ugh.

If I wanted to live in suburb-land just like north Tampa, I would have moved to freaking north Tampa.
Yep, New Tampa, Tampa Palms, Pebble Creek, etc., etc., etc. I guess we'll be looking in the NE quadrant, maybe the northern part of the SE quadrant.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:29 PM

529 posts, read 1,161,331 times
the County Comprehensive Land Use Plan isn't even a plan. The County Commissioners file one and then amend it as cash and developers flow in. The poor bass tards in the NW quadrant were sure that land that was designated Rural Preservation would be preserved. The poor bass tards who fought for scenic roadway status for SW 27th Ave thought it would remain scenic. The poor bass tards who were told to conserve water and that they were draining the aquifer and slowing the flow of springs watched as Stronach renamed Adena Springs grass fed cattle farm and was granted millions of gallons to water his pastures. The poor bass tards who built homes and drilled wells years before a recycling plant was allowed to expand in their neighborhood. The poor bass tards who were given months to vacate their homes in a close-knit community next to Sam's were sure they were safe but the cost of moving their homes was more than their worth so they sold them for scrap. Years later, the place is still an abandoned RV park. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Oh well.
Dax

Old 10-26-2017, 03:56 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,112,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatkay View Post

My SO just had a really close call on the road that runs between the Publix and Lowes shopping centers. Someone barreling along toward 200 missed him by inches and he was still shaking from the near miss when he got back. Older person in a blind hurry in the middle of the afternoon.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to site all those 55+ communities along 200 ought to have their head or heads examined.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:26 PM

1,332 posts, read 2,168,897 times
Something to watch is the upcoming Suncoast Parkway "Coastal Connector" expansion from Citrus County to Dunnellon and merging somewhere around I75/301 in the Citra area. This will dramatically change development and growth in the northern part of Marion County sometime in the next 10-15 years. Eventually this road would connect Gainesville and Ocala to Jacksonville metro area.

Road alternatives will be revealed in '18 - News - Ocala.com - Ocala, FL

Quote:
Potential routes for a possible Suncoast Parkway extension into Marion County will be revealed by Florida transportation officials in Spring 2018, according to the latest project timeline.

“The focus is to connect to Interstate 75 or U.S. 301,” said Henry Pinzon, Florida Department of Transportation environmental management engineer. He spoke to a reporter on Thursday in Lecanto during a public meeting sponsored by his agency and Florida’s Turnpike Authority.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:03 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,387,378 times
Pfft I’m thinking of the middle of the Forest, lol...

I saw the same sad developments in South Florida and hoped Central Florida would be different.

It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t mall after mall etc of the same thing.

We have the so- called Agricultural Reserve in South Florida. When you get to the sign that says “welcome to the Ag Reserve” you have to scratch your head and say what? Where the heck is it?

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 10-28-2017 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala