Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 02:08 PM

49 posts, read 107,457 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

So I finally made it into my new house in the Ocala Waterway and love it! Finally get to live in a well-insulated home that I'll save almost $500 a year.

I had a question on some suggestions for Lawn Maintenance and Lot Clearing. I've been doing a lot of research online and contacting various places, but am having a horrible time getting anyone to respond or to answer their phones.

(1) Lawn Maintenance - We're looking for Full-Service lawn care that includes mowing, weeding, trimming, edging, and fertilizing (if needed). It's just the cheap Bahia stuff that the builder put in and we're perfectly fine with that. No trees/plants in the area of the lot that was cleared and the grass still seems to be coming in. Does anyone have any suggestions on people that service SW Ocala? I've contacted many, but its hard to get a response, or they either only mow or they do all the other stuff except mowing and I really want to just have to use one company.

(2) Lot Clearing - So my house sits on about 0.41 acre according to the property records. The builder only cleared so many feet beyond the back of the house and left the rest of the lot uncleared, which I guess is close to 0.25 acre. I wasn't going to worry about that area but I noticed my neighbors on both sides had their tree portions cleared out to extend their back yard area, and now that I'm thinking of fencing options I'm starting to wonder if clearing would be the best option. There's a lot of brush/trees typical of the Waterway area. Once cleared, I anticipate just laying down the same bahia grass the rest of the lot was done with. Any idea what this would cost? Seems to be common for people to clear but wasn't sure what the cost would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 03:46 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Welcome to Florida contractors. I would talk to your neighbors and ask them who they use and would they recommend them. Many times lawn/yard contractors love to pick up clients from the same neighborhood.

Good luck and enjoy your new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: