Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 04:45 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,111,561 times

Advertisements

This is what it looks like here every time there's a nice blue sky type of day. Can somebody tell me WHAT ON EARTH they're spraying up there? It's depressing. You get a nice day with a lovely sky and then they got to go and smear it up. LOL, you can even see it in some of the real estate photos.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defa...?itok=KV3YkYq5

What's the deal? Are they trying to kill off the old folks or something? Or is it that weird crap with reflective chemical particles to mitigate "global warming"?

That's not to say we didn't see it around Tampa Bay on occasion, but it's a tad excessive here. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 06:08 PM

529 posts, read 1,161,042 times
I'm afraid you may be confusing chem trails with contrails.
When we have a crystal blue sky, it is due to low humidity. Dry air cools rapidly as you rise above the earth. With the front approaching with it's thunderstorms, wind shear, and other assorted threats, air traffic routes were adjusted accordingly. Our skies saw an increase in air traffic, increasing the amount of aircraft exhaust. As that heated exhaust hits the cold air, it condenses, forming contrails.

You didn't see it as much in the Tampa Bay Area because you rarely have the levels of low humidity that we have here.

Dax
Please step away from the tin-foil.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:29 PM

12,583 posts, read 9,091,027 times
Yes, nothing but contrails ... condensation trails of hot exhaust gases. And there's a lot of air traffic in central Florida, coming out of and going into Orlando and the Tampa area.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
I'm afraid you may be confusing chem trails with contrails.
When we have a crystal blue sky, it is due to low humidity. Dry air cools rapidly as you rise above the earth. With the front approaching with it's thunderstorms, wind shear, and other assorted threats, air traffic routes were adjusted accordingly. Our skies saw an increase in air traffic, increasing the amount of aircraft exhaust. As that heated exhaust hits the cold air, it condenses, forming contrails.

You didn't see it as much in the Tampa Bay Area because you rarely have the levels of low humidity that we have here.

Dax
Please step away from the tin-foil.
No, I'm not confusing chemtrails with contrails. I know what a contrail looks like, I grew up with them overhead, outside New York. Sometimes the planes did some cool sky writing. The trails usually stayed in a straight line or sometimes a loop, expanded a little bit and then dissipated in a reasonable amount of time.

While I do see contrails here, these others are different. They get fatter and fatter until you can't tell whether you're looking at a cloud or another filthy smear that lasts a good part of the day. Exhaust dissipates. Especially when it is drier. We could always tell how bad the humidity was by looking at the stacks at the TECO plant on the bay in Apollo Beach. High humidity, billowing emissions. Drier air, the emissions were less visible, sometimes barely.

Thanks for the heads up about the increase in air traffic over the area.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 891,865 times
They're all nothing but contrails. WWII bombers were making the same thing.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:25 PM

Well, well, well, what have we here? Not a (gasp) chemtrail to be seen today. I guess those planes are manned by "non-essential" government personnel. The shutdown is good for something!

B-b-but, I thought they were just contrails due to heavier air traffic.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:17 PM

529 posts, read 1,161,042 times
Nope, just not cold and dry enough at altitude.

Dax

Old 01-05-2019, 05:43 PM

30,137 posts, read 20,850,585 times
I see planes flying high everyday going SSE to almost due south one after another.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:05 PM

196 posts, read 180,301 times
They are airplanes. Get used to it.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
They are airplanes. Get used to it.
Of COURSE they're airplanes. They can't spray that crap from hot air balloons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala