Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2019, 07:52 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,111,561 times

Advertisements

I just want to say how fortunate I feel to have SECO Energy as a provider. Great service, reasonable rates, real caring attitude toward the customer. And no "Smart" meters. (at least, not where I am, and I hope it stays that way) Actually, since it is a co-op, we're considered "members".

I like this company so much that one of the things I'm basing my home purchase on is whether or not SECO is the utility provider.

I hope those of you who have SECO as a provider are as happy with them as I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 08:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,161,042 times
Absolutely. It was one of the three requirements that had to be met when I bought. I insisted on SECO, Brighthouse (now Spectrum:-( ), and not in a flood zone

Oh, and neighbors who mind their own business.

Dax

Old 01-21-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
Absolutely. It was one of the three requirements that had to be met when I bought. I insisted on SECO, Brighthouse (now Spectrum:-( ), and not in a flood zone

Oh, and neighbors who mind their own business.

Dax
How is Spectrum working out for you?

Old 01-21-2019, 09:16 PM

We've been lucky with the neighbors, too. Friendly, but not intrusive.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:39 PM

Ahhhhh, Spectrum. I have TV/Phone/Internet. I loved Brighthouse, despise Spectrum. Every year, the "special pricing" expires and they really jack up the pricing. With Brighthouse, I would run over to the Belleview office, and get into a new package deal for another year. Then came Spectrum. After the first year with them, I got the yearly "Thank you for being such a great customer and bend over". I drove over to Belleview to see what could be done. Wellllll, to keep it in the ballpark of the previous package, I moved from their Silver Package to basic, gave them back 2 boxes, and bought 2 ROKU sticks. I lost my Premium channels, but once Game of Thrones comes back, I'll do HBO Now as a stand-alone. I stay with Spectrum Cable for the Internet speed, great WiFi, and no loss of signal from bad weather, but I am coming up on my annual "Greetings and Salutations" letter. I hate that Spectrum will offer new customer prices, but screws over loyal customers. If they keep it up, I will eventually decide to cut the cord. I'm halfway there now. The more I give up, the more comfortable I become with the alternatives.

Dax

Old 01-22-2019, 06:43 PM

I also educated a few friends about ROKU. I think I am personally responsible for the return of at least a dozen Cable boxes. You only need one to be able to use the Spectrum app on ROKU to watch TV.

Dax

Old 01-22-2019, 07:32 PM

I need to educate myself on ROKU. I've heard of it, but don't know any of the details.

For TV, we're Fibervision captives, unfortunately.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:01 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,860,829 times
Roku is awesome!!! So many channels. We have 2 TVs, both with Roku built in

Old 01-25-2019, 09:53 PM

I use a ROKU stick. It utilizes my WIFI. You do need an available HDMI slot on your TV. I power it thru a USB port, also on my VIZIO TV. You only pay once for the stick. Once you switch your Input to the used HDMI port, the ROKU app will let you choose other "apps" or "channels" to download. Some are free, others you pay a nominal fee for ( HBO, Hulu, Netflix, etc) , and some providers, like Spectrum, have an app so that if you do have them, you can also watch live TV thru ROKU.

For $39. I would buy one and try it. It's a one time cost and you can try it.

Dax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala