Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2019, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,151 times

Advertisements

Hi My family is considering moving to Florida somewhere in the Ocala area not sure exactly where yet were looking between Ocala, Inverness, Homosassa area. We are a married couple with a 4 and 6 year old and live in Indiana and do not like it. Were water people wanted to move to a mellow town with lots of outdoor activities[ kayaking, swimming, paddle boarding etc] I have lived in Florida when i was younger and do realize both the good and bad of Florida just wondering if anyone living in the area likes were they live and could recommend a town in that area. We chose the area for the springs, manatees, state parks and weather. Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 11:51 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,126,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming75 View Post
Hi My family is considering moving to Florida somewhere in the Ocala area not sure exactly where yet were looking between Ocala, Inverness, Homosassa area. We are a married couple with a 4 and 6 year old and live in Indiana and do not like it. Were water people wanted to move to a mellow town with lots of outdoor activities[ kayaking, swimming, paddle boarding etc] I have lived in Florida when i was younger and do realize both the good and bad of Florida just wondering if anyone living in the area likes were they live and could recommend a town in that area. We chose the area for the springs, manatees, state parks and weather. Thanks for reading
Probably you'd like Dunellon. Not so sure about the schools, though.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:39 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,257,640 times
Check the state web page for school ratings.
Since you like water I would look for a lake.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:25 PM

529 posts, read 1,164,524 times
All depends on where you are working. I would not want to commute from one of the areas on your list to another town on your list. Employment opportunities are not equally found in each area.

Dax

Old 02-22-2019, 01:12 PM

42 posts, read 54,927 times
Pace, Santa Rosa County.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:27 AM

23 posts, read 41,647 times
Anywhere in Citrus County, FL. We have plenty of outdoor activities. There is a paved 47 mile trail that runs the entire length of the county. Kayaking, swimming and paddle boarding can be done at multiple locations. Its a short trip to Ocala, FL if you need to find work in a larger city. If you are in the hospitality or medical field you will be able to find a job in Citrus. We have a good school system. Purchasing a home is still pretty reasonable as well. Hope this helps.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:04 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,888,021 times
Depending on your budget, I’d say Crystal River. I don’t know about schools (no kids)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala