Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 08:19 AM

5 posts, read 7,618 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning on moving to Dunnellon area for retirement. We have visited the area different times. We have talked with realtors concering different areas around Dunnellon. But I am curious about Citrus Springs area. When looking for homes in the Dunnellon area it always brings up many homes, new and resales, on the listings. Realtors don't really say much on the area, nothing negative or positive when its comes to the bottom line. ANY info on CSprgs is greatly appreciated. Homes are prices very good for the sq ft. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 07:02 AM

481 posts, read 500,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPAlady View Post
My husband and I are planning on moving to Dunnellon area for retirement. We have visited the area different times. We have talked with realtors concering different areas around Dunnellon. But I am curious about Citrus Springs area. When looking for homes in the Dunnellon area it always brings up many homes, new and resales, on the listings. Realtors don't really say much on the area, nothing negative or positive when its comes to the bottom line. ANY info on CSprgs is greatly appreciated. Homes are prices very good for the sq ft. Thanks.
I live in Citrus Spings. not a whole lot happening. mostly quiet, except for the occasional gun fire (target practice). Habitat for Humanity has targeted Citrus Springs. They plan to build 500 homes here, construction starts in December.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:39 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,237,864 times
I assume you have looked at the area just outside of Ocala.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:20 PM

6,391 posts, read 10,181,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Just curious, what area and why ?

Old 10-27-2019, 09:07 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,237,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Just curious, what area and why ?
Say the South West along 200.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post

We have not looked in detail at the outside of Ocala along Rt 200. We were mostly interested in Dunnellon and north of the town a little. Viewed Citrus Sprgs a little and it seemed to be heavy populated with housing. It seemed all of a sudden that there were a lot of homes for sale in CS and just wondering about it. I try to keep up with some info concerning the area where we are interested in....That's where I found out about the proposed Coastal Connector that possibly was going to run thru Dunnellon and now the resort that might be built in Dunnellon. We would appreciate any info/opinion on the area that anyone cares to share.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:57 AM

529 posts, read 1,161,042 times
Quote:
We have not looked in detail at the outside of Ocala along Rt 200. We were mostly interested in Dunnellon and north of the town a little. Viewed Citrus Sprgs a little and it seemed to be heavy populated with housing. It seemed all of a sudden that there were a lot of homes for sale in CS and just wondering about it. I try to keep up with some info concerning the area where we are interested in....That's where I found out about the proposed Coastal Connector that possibly was going to run thru Dunnellon and now the resort that might be built in Dunnellon. We would appreciate any info/opinion on the area that anyone cares to share.
I haven’t heard of a resort going up in Dunnellon. Did I miss something?

Dax

Old 10-30-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
I haven’t heard of a resort going up in Dunnellon. Did I miss something?

Dax

I read the info in the Riverland News dtd 5-24-19 on the internet. The article was called Resort mogul to close on deal. Wants to build 200 acre resort. West Gate Resorts. Talked to a realtor and he said that it not a definite thing yet. They are still in the process to see if it will go thru. My husband was in FL recently and talked to the realtor to find out the area. Big concern for us as we would like to buy a home in Dunnellon in the near future.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:49 PM

481 posts, read 500,340 times
Quote:
I read the info in the Riverland News dtd 5-24-19 on the internet. The article was called Resort mogul to close on deal. Wants to build 200 acre resort. West Gate Resorts. Talked to a realtor and he said that it not a definite thing yet. They are still in the process to see if it will go thru. My husband was in FL recently and talked to the realtor to find out the area. Big concern for us as we would like to buy a home in Dunnellon in the near future.
My understanding is, that the resort is all but approved. It just needs formal action from the county. The resort is just outside of city limits of Dunnellon, so the city has no authority over it.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:45 PM

529 posts, read 1,161,042 times
Wow. OK. I don’t get the Riverland News, but if it is in Marion County, I would have thought it would make the Star Banner or local news. Not saying it hasn’t, I just don’t recall any mention of it.

Thanks
Dax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala