Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 06:27 AM

25,730 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

If so, which stores. Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 10:03 AM

6,476 posts, read 10,347,099 times
I have seen limited supplies at the Walmart on SW 19th Avenue Road, near Regal Cinemas. They only get small shipments that sell out quickly and many times only 1 ply.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:18 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If so, which stores. Thx!
Aldi and Big Lots on SW 200 in Ocala. It's limited. Big Lots keeps it behind the counter and one to a customer. $4.95 for twelve rolls. 2 ply. Aldi is first come, first serve.

Yesterday we ordered a case of 1 ply industrial rolls from Office Depot here in Ocala. They delivered this morning. It's like the stuff you see in rest rooms. We need one ply on account of we are on septic.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:53 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
I’ve had some luck at Publix. Northern, 6 pack of regular rolls, 2-ply.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:10 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,515,499 times
I've tried all over this week. Yesterday I hit 10 stores. Between Ocala and Dunellon. I did not find even 1 roll of TP. 2 weeks ago I found some at Big Lots on 200. It was that $4.95 package 1 to a customer. There were none yesterday when I went there. It has been this way since early March.

I've asked friends and family elsewhere in the US as well as in Ireland how it is there. All of them have had this TP, shortage. What is different is it has eased up for them somewhat. They don't have as much difficulty finding it, but they are limited as to the amount they can buy.

We all know why the 200 corridor in Ocala would be having such a continuous shortage. Or I would think so.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I've tried all over this week. Yesterday I hit 10 stores. Between Ocala and Dunellon. I did not find even 1 roll of TP. 2 weeks ago I found some at Big Lots on 200. It was that $4.95 package 1 to a customer. There were none yesterday when I went there. It has been this way since early March.

I've asked friends and family elsewhere in the US as well as in Ireland how it is there. All of them have had this TP, shortage. What is different is it has eased up for them somewhat. They don't have as much difficulty finding it, but they are limited as to the amount they can buy.

We all know why the 200 corridor in Ocala would be having such a continuous shortage. Or I would think so.

Seniors hoarding? Could be. My understanding is that Publix and WalMart for example, have some sort of special early morning shopping hours for seniors and health care/first responder workers on certain days.
So the early bird gets the toilet paper.

If you don't mind the industrial stuff, check out Office Depot's website. Although we had ours delivered, I think you can order and pay on line and then pick it up.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:19 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,515,499 times
I tried that early bird a couple of times. I had no luck even then. I'm going to try that Office Depot route. Thanks for the info on Home Depot.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I tried that early bird a couple of times. I had no luck even then. I'm going to try that Office Depot route. Thanks for the info on Home Depot.
Just realize that it's not cheap. You'll be buying a case. So there will be sticker shock, but you'll have a good six months to a year's supply, depending on your household. Or you could get a friend or neighbor to go in on it with you. And it won't fit on the standard bathroom roll receptacle. Too big. If you've got a small bathroom, you'll have to put it on the tank cover.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:50 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,407,005 times
I haven't had any trouble finding toilet paper in around 10 days now. One of the Publix stores is almost always out when I get there, and one of them usually has a few packages on the shelves. Walmart usually has some, Aldi's and Winn Dixie usually have some, so does Target. It's slim pickin's, so you might be stuck with the super ultra uber thick soft plush overpriced Charmin instead of the average useful reasonably priced Angelsoft.

You can also order it online from Office Depot or Staples, and you aren't stuck with the industrial rolls. You can get Charmin, Northern, Angel Soft, or their own brand of "soft" (which is sort of like a better quality Angelsoft).

Old 04-24-2020, 01:15 AM

3,327 posts, read 2,136,915 times
Manufacturing and distribution of toilet tissue is well above average levels. The shortage is due almost exclusively to varying extents of hoarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: