Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,940 times

Advertisements

I know I could ask the sales office these questions, but I’d like to also get answers from current residents, if possible.
1. What is the total number of homes they are expected to build?
2. Is Bridlewood the last section to be built?
3. Are there plans for another pool?
4. Have their been sinkhole issues lately? (I know there has been in the past).
5. It looks like there will be a golf cart path from Stone Creek, OTOW and Calesa. Has there been discussion on security or will golf carts be able to get into each community without going thru a guard gate?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 10:21 AM

6,624 posts, read 7,334,922 times
Do not know what Stone Creek will do but in general I think you will find that golf carts will be able to move from community to community without going through a gate.

The communities are not surrounded by a high boarder fence so anyone can walk in. I would not view no gate for a golf cart as a security problem.

If gates are important to you remember that in some communities the gates open automatically or if you push a button so be sure to check.

Old 09-21-2021, 03:48 PM

6,624 posts, read 7,334,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Do not know what Stone Creek will do but in general I think you will find that golf carts will be able to move from community to community without going through a gate.

The communities are not surrounded by a high boarder fence so anyone can walk in. I would not view no gate for a golf cart as a security problem.

If gates are important to you remember that in some communities the gates open automatically or if you push a button so be sure to check.

Golf cart path was constructed and follows the main highway.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:18 PM

557 posts, read 296,900 times
I loved the Stone Creek community. It is just beautiful.
Unfortunately, I was looking for a villa home w/ a private fenced backyard and they don't offer such a thing.

One of my have-to's was an indoor pool and Stone Creek's indoor pool is great.
Several of the houses that I considered were for sale by residents who were staying in the community and they were just up or downsizing. They wouldn't have considered moving elsewhere.

What I heard most commonly from the residents that I talked to was that they felt their HOA fees were very reasonable and they felt they got so many amenities... They felt the HOA was responsive and everyone agreed that it is just such a gorgeous place.

My realtor when I was looking in that area was Joe Dallorso. He writes a blog https://www.ocalarealestatetalk.com/ and he lives in Stone Creek.

I did everything virtually. I was buying my house sight unseen as I was in New York at the time. I relied on Mr. Dallorso's expertise as to where to look in Ocala and what houses to bid on.

Alas, I wasn't able to score a house that met all my needs in that immediate area. But I can't say enough nice things, about all the residents that took the time to zoom with me and about Mr. Dallorso. There isn't anyone who knows Ocala retirement communities like he does.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:50 PM

270 posts, read 193,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryDay View Post
I loved the Stone Creek community. It is just beautiful.
Unfortunately, I was looking for a villa home w/ a private fenced backyard and they don't offer such a thing.

I did everything virtually. I was buying my house sight unseen as I was in New York at the time. I relied on Mr. Dallorso's expertise as to where to look in Ocala and what houses to bid on.
MerryDay, I am looking in that area too. The same with you I'm looking for a villa, where the community takes care of the outside building and all lawns. I looked at On Top of the World because they do offer villas with lawn maintenance. I need this because I'm not very able to manage things like hiring out people for what I'm held responsible to manage myself.

One thing I cannot manage is buying anything online or sight unseen. I need to make a trip down there from where I am now with is south Alabama.

There are a few other nice communities in Ocala area, but few have condo, or villas.

I also looked in Silver Springs shores, but on FB near everyone said the area was not so nice; however, they had smaller apartment like housing, which was even more to my needs, but I guess is lacked amenities?

Old 09-21-2021, 09:04 PM

557 posts, read 296,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOzarkLady View Post
I looked at On Top of the World because they do offer villas with lawn maintenance. I also looked in Silver Springs shores..
I don't want to hijack this thread... So I posted more about my search here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/reti...l#post61963435

Old 09-25-2021, 11:03 AM

270 posts, read 193,459 times
Thank you MerryDay, while I like Stone Creek, Oak Run and OTOTW fit my needs more because they have more on premises activates. I also like Trilogy, but for the full HOA fee, it bugs me they do not include trash pick-up. I find, the older I get the less I like lots of bills to be responsible. It's not so much the cost as it is being responsible for looking for charging changes and errors and having to file them.

There is a big difference in one's need at 62 years and one's late 70s and 80s. My point is plan ahead, what you can do tdat my change in tens years and you may not wish to make another move.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:36 PM

5 posts, read 7,259 times
Bridlewood will not be the last. They’re actually working on a community called Lexington now. Should have about 3800 houses when all is said and done. I’ve heard there will be another clubhouse but not sure about the pool. I don’t live in stone creek myself because I’m not old enough lol but it’s a beautiful area. Hope it helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala