Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,309 times

Advertisements

In my attempts to raise the funds so my tribe can buy back some of its ancestral home lands, I have been continuously denied advertising of my tribe, its community projects and the attempt to fund raise by the news media of Central Florida (specifically those around and with in Orange County). Meanwhile, our homelands near Kelly Park, Rock Springs is continued to be developed. The very heart, where a 30 foot tall pyramid mound once stood, is now a new home. We lost any chance to buy the homelands back.
A second, yet smaller site exists in Pine Hills, called INDIAN HILL. All attempts at grants have failed, 550 times to be exact, and the news media continues to ignore us. We asked the owners of the Indian Hill site if they would donate or sell the parcels to us. Almost immediately, half of the properties went up for sale and were rezoned as commercial. If we lose just one of these parcels, we will have lost every hope of buying back any of the tribe's ancestral lands.
So, we remember our cave explorations in Belleview. There are many parcels to the west that would meet out criteria.
My question, to the best of anyone's knowledge or experience, would the people of Belleview welcome the tribe's new homeland to be located in Belleview? From my experiences, except for those who constantly trespass in their neighbor's caves, Belleview was friendly to me when we stopped off at that fast food store for breakfast before continuing to the caves. I may have gotten the same stares (I wear the tribe's traditional clothing which is very outstanding compared to what the average person wears) but overall Everyone seemed friendly. Here in Pine Hills, the people don't seem very friendly and I've been here for 25 years.
So, is there a train station in Belleview? An office supply store? A store to purchase leather and tools? Electronics surplus store? Colonial Bank? Do cyclists get along with drivers? If we are to relocate to Belleview, we would definitely like to become familure with it.
The lands we seek must be 90% pristine in a natural state. Caves are a plus. Most importantly there has to be an Earth energy emission point and space to hold festivals and powwows that the community may attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,309 times
Here's an update... The Skywatcher Clan was denied a grant from a Marion County Foundation, that's 550 plus denials and all attempts to raise funds through donations continues to be non existent. Three of the landowners, of some of the selected sites in Belleview, were contacted but have not replied.
A social club was started, which meets every third Wendesdays of each month, at Shelter 7 at Gordon Barnett Park in Orlando to gather friends, supporters and find local tribal descendants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: