Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM

51 posts, read 220,775 times

Advertisements

NORBBCT... I noticed that you copied and pasted this same message in six different threads today... I guess you feel strongly about this

I live in Stone Creek and love it - maybe send me a private message and my husband and I can meet you sometime ... we both work and don't get to too many events yet - are you interested in the BYOB party on July 30th?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM

16 posts, read 52,590 times
Default Ocala vs. Stone Creek

Just to clarify my post that was deleted! I love the Ocala area. The people that are native to this area are great and have pleasant attitudes.

The problem with this type of community is that people are relocating from all over the U.S. and they all bring their attitudes into the community. At least 15% to 20% of the residents have great attitudes but the other 80 to 85% think their, you know what, doesn't stink! All the friends that we have made have been from outside of Stone Creek. I guess that should tell you something. I even wanted to start a new group but was told, in no uncertain terms, not to because it would infringe on the membership of the Computer and Technology Group. This is the kind of thing you have to deal with from the majority of the residence in Stone Creek. If your not in with the clique then your out.

Also, on a positive note about Stone Creek is that I do like the country setting. It is located approximately 4 miles from the main route 200 which does bring considerable quiet to the area. However, it is still close to Publix, Winn Dixie, Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, Lowes and many other convenient stores.

However, and I will state it again the HOA is out of control and so is the Clubs and Amenities Advisory Committee (they don't even enforce the rules when members of their own committee breaks them). They tell you that as a resident that you have a say in what occurs in Stone Creek but when they hold the meetings they do not allow you to voice your opinion. So you have to sit their and listen to what they have to say.

So why go! Well this is their ploy to stop you from going to the meetings by discouraging you by not allowing you to speak. Then if no one shows up they can say well no one cares so we will implement the new rules and regulations. A backdoor tactic.

Our home is beautiful, Stone Creek is beautiful. However, to live under these heavy handed rules is not what people are looking to do when they retire.

I would rather run a nursery with 100 screaming children then to run a community like this where 80 to 85% of the residence have noting better to do but bi@#h and complain. They even complain about the noise of the airplanes flying over Stone Creek......come on get a life........

Old 07-22-2010, 12:41 PM

49 posts, read 440,968 times
NORBBCT:

I imagine the admin deleted some of the cross-posts. I still see one copy of the original one but it is not in this thread.

I am not here to defend SC as no community is perfect. I am one of the folks that are not from these parts. I am originally from NY. I have made many friends here - all of them relocated from some other state. None of them have "an attitude". Nor do I. Everyone I've met seems to be anxious to make new friends here.

As far as the HOA: you need to understand that homeowners are a minority as we account for only a fraction of the total "votes" since SC is only 20% built out. So Pulte controls what is done. This will change only when there is a larger group of homeowners.

Regarding groups: I don't know how your proposed group was going to infringe on the Computers & Tech Group. If it was, why don't you join that group and see if you could make an impact in it? Also, why don't you attend the July 26th open meeting of the Charter Clubs & Amenities Group and voice your concerns?

I hope things change for the better for you at SC.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM

Default No Community Perfect

JohnG_NYC;

I agree no community is perfect and by the way I am from out of state also; from the New England area.

I'm not sure how long you have lived in SC but we have been here 3 years and have seen a lot of ridiculous stuff go on by the HOA, Clubs and Amenities Advisory Committee and board of directors.

As far as Pulte and the HOA as long as they continue to run SC the way they do the home owners will always be the minority. A good friend of mine (not from SC) is a Realtor in Ocala and he has told me that he this is the first time he has seen so many existing homes up 4-sale in SC then ever before and that the number continues to rise. Some of his customers that he is handling the homes for are disappointed with the way SC is run and have actually moved to other communities in the Ocala area. Most have lived here only a little over a year. I'm sure that has to tell you something.

He also stated that they do not see this type of attrition in the other 55+ communities in the Ocala area.

With this rate of attrition Pulte will never fill up this community and the residents will always be the minority. SC may eventually be 100% built out but will never be 100% occupied. So if you go by what your saying then Pulte and their HOA will always carry control over SC and good luck on the large group of homeowners. Unless something happens I don't see that happening.

Why do you think that the HOA told the residents that are selling their homes that they can not place a 4-sale sign on any part of their home that face the main roads. They do not want prospective buyers to see the number of existing homes that are up 4-sale. That would certainly put a question mark in the buyers mind why so many residence are selling their homes. Also, it would more then likely prevent buyers from looking at new homes if they could get a good deal on the existing homes.

Regarding groups: I did join the computer and technology group. I also proposed to them to split the group into smaller groups because they are trying to handle to many different aspects of computer technology. I know because I'm a computer analyst. The computer field is extremely large and to splinter some of the different areas of the computer sciences into smaller groups would be beneficial to members that only joined the group just for that one special area.

They didn't want to hear that because they didn't want it to effect their charter and their future computer lab. To heck with what would be more convenient for the members. Again, just thinking of themselves. I tried to explain that this would not effect the future computer lab and if anything would just show there were more groups willing to support it for their use. What a waste of breath.

The Computer and Technology Group and the persons that run it apparently feel they are the only people with knowledge in the field and anyone that infringes on there territory they can do without. It is very apparent that some of the groups are very territorial.

As I said the community is beautiful, and quiet. The homes, judging from mine appear to be well built, the gym and the pools both indoor and out are beautiful and well maintained. However, there is much improvement to be made.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Default SC reply

Dear bgmiami;

If you read my post you would have seen that I have not said that SC is not a beautiful place. From your post that is exactly the attitude that I'm talking about.....Thank you

I hate to say it but some of the so called "pioneers" are some of the exact people I am talking about. I do not know who you are and I am not saying you are one of them. An you don't know me but your remark at the end of your post is exactly what I'm talking about. "Maybe a planned community is just not for you" Who are you to make that remark........and.....thank you for the warm welcome!!!! Instead of trying to help others get adjusted to SC your solution is move out. See where I'm coming from. I'm glad you posted here and showed me your warm welcome now others that are thinking of SC and looking at these post can see for themselves exactly what I mean.

We have actually gone to several events to try to get to know others. One being a Thanksgiving dinner event (THANKSGIVING...RIGHT). When we walked in we didn't know anyone and the tables were not assigned. We went to sit at a table that had several seats open and as we sat down were told that we could not sit there because it was reserved for some one else. NO SIGN ON THE TABLE.....AN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I can't tell you how uncomfortable that made my wife feel and just reaffirmed what I have been saying.

Apparently, you don't get on the portal to often and read some of the post by others that are unhappy with SC and the way it is run for you to make the remark, "I cannot believe you are writing about the same community that I live in". I have said nothing different then what others already have said. Agreed, that cliques will be in any community that one lives in but I would hope they don't make it as obvious as they do here.

Also, you are getting way off base I never complained in any of my post about the HOA fees nor the price I paid for my home. But now that you brought that up. Just before we were ready to close on our home in SC Pulte lowered the price by 10%. Well you should of seen the post from your so called "pioneers" about how Pulte should send them a check for 10% off the price they paid for their homes. They actually said right on the portal "Pulte gives discounts to the new people coming into SC but not to the original residents". NEW PEOPLE.....I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL RESIDENTS HERE!!! In your own words "Maybe a planned community is just not for them either."

Also, with regards to your remark maybe you should read it to yourself before you post it since it appears very rude and condescending: "As far as HOA rules and regulations - didn't you know that there would be rules and regulations in any over-55 planned community. We were all given a copy of the community documents when we purchase our homes. Didn't you read them? Homeowners will not have control of the HOA until SC is built out. That time is a long way off."

Also, why don't you tell the so called "pioneers" that post messages on the portal about the rules (I.E. children hours at the pool) if they read the rules. I guess you are saying you never complained about certain things the HOA has proposed at SC.

As far as clubs go: read my post to JohnG_NYC

Last edited by NORBBCT; 07-22-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Default It's Not Only Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwick View Post
Stone Creek, just down the road from OTOW...unfriendly, snooty, pretentious residents, lots of problems with grass, super-expensive irrigation costs, problems with "outsiders" coming in and using the amenities without paying. Sinkholes caving in houses and man-made lakes. A golf community without doubt. Younger residents; limited clubs and activities; lots of BYOB events; lots of summerbirds.
As you can see I'm not alone.......By the way it is not only my opinion......like I said before you should read the SC portal more often. Do not try to make it appear that I am the only one that feels this way. I have no idea who Hartwick is but read the quote from their post. Believe me I am happy that many other people enjoy living in SC. Isn't this the whole idea of freedom of speech?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 AM

Default From an outside contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
OMG, the bolded part of your statement is spot on!
I have done some design work there, never again!!!!!!!
Here is a post from and outside contractor that is replying to Hardwick's post. This is a person that doesn't even live in SC and has the same opinion!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Of course there are all types of people that make up a social dynamic - whether at work, church, or even a retirement community... and we chose which ones we feel more comfortable being with. So, I'm a Stone Creek resident who is not a snob (certainly no reason to be that's for sure!), nor a complainer (well, my husband might disagree ) ... so I guess I just found many residents here who are the same way... If someone is a constant complainer or whiner - usually a friendly hello and how are you is how far it goes. I did feel bad when I read that one of our new residents didn't feel welcome ... because that just did not happen at all when my husband and I moved here a year ago. We have great, great neighbors. I hope we can meet you some time.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Default To Ocalagala

Thank you Ocalagala;

Your absolutely right. In communities like SC there are all types of people that make up the social network. The quote above was not from me and I was just making a point that other people were disappointed with SC.

Your absolutely right that many residence at SC are decent people and do not have that condescending or rude attitude.

Ocalagala, thank you again for the warm post. I am certainly outspoken and will not deny that. However, when I am told to move I do take offense to it and will defend myself.

I hope someday also that we can meet and that I will be able to put any issues aside and make the adjustment. Believe me my wife is a peach and I do not want this to reflect on her. It is all me......she loves it here and has made many nice acquaintances. I apologize if I offended you in any way......Sorry

Old 07-24-2010, 08:30 AM

Thanks for your post NORBBCT... I did send you a direct message on this forum. We are planning on going to the Margaritas and Martini's dinner tonight at the Grille are you and your wife going? Glad to hear that she has made some nice acquaintances here at Stone Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala