Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM

51 posts, read 222,134 times

Advertisements

This once very active thread has been "buried" for a while. (It is the third most replied to in the Ocala Forum)... Has anyone been doing any comparisons of Summerglen/Stone Creeek/OTOW?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 03:57 PM

5 posts, read 13,113 times
I really appreciate the info on Stone Creek, OTOW, and Summerglen. Did any of you look at Terra Vista at Hernando or Sun City Tampa? We are leaving next week to visit all and any information about the two would be very welcome.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 AM

14 posts, read 97,486 times
SummerGlen has recently added two new amenities that further increase its appeal in my mind. First, the new Moreno's Grille in the SummerGlen Golf Club now offers outstanding casual dining seven days a weeks. It's a great improvement over the former restaurant located there. Moreno's has operated several great restaurants in the Ocala area that offer wonderful food at value prices, and he's now doing the same at SummerGlen. He is even offering free in-home delivery to SummerGlen residents.

Next, SummerGlen opened it's new Grand Hall the first weekend of October. It's a beautiful theater venue for shows, movies, dinners, dances etc.

I've never seen a community with so many enthusiastic residents. They all seem to really love SummerGlen and it shows in the wonderful friendly atmosphere that it has.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 AM

I recently visited Stone Creek, Terra Vista, and Sun City Center Tampa and can offer my comments if anybody is interested. All are nice but different...

Old 11-04-2009, 11:03 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Would love to hear them - please post (or DM, however you want but am thinking others may be interested as well). Thx -

Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

We liked Stone Creek a lot. The major amenities are done and beautiful. If it makes any difference the owners will not own the golf course. This is a plus in my book because golf courses tend to lose money after the owners take over. Terra Vista is a giant step above any other facility we visited...really first class...but really in the boondocks. And this is important...the owners will never own the "goodies" not the golf courses, not the swimming pools, not the fitness center, etc. They will stay under the ownership of the developer. Sun City Tampa is a mature community of 13,000 homes, some old and some new. A four lane highway runs through the middle of the community and only one small area is gated but the shopping is the best and all golf cart accessable , including a hospital. No new construction available at this time. Different but nice features.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Thx for the info, have heard good things about Stone Creek, will have to check out the other 2 via their websites etc. Good to know ;-)

Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 AM

67 posts, read 238,123 times
For whatever its worth...I did all the research and bought in Stone Creek. I have been here for 3 months and I would have to say 100% satisfied. I was here for the construction of my home, and checked it every step of the way. It is very well constructed, and other than 1 minor cosmetic issue (which was quickly resolved) I have had no problems. Pulte is an excellent company to deal with. In fact, 2 weeks before I closed, they lowered the prices $7900, and gave me the new lower price, which, by contract, they did not have to offer. There is a reason that in this crummy economy, Stone Creek is selling homes. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:47 AM

14 posts, read 97,486 times
Has everyone heard about the new Federal Housing Tax Credit? It offers most homebuyers a tax credit of $6,500 if they buy a new home. This time, it applies to those who currently own a home, so it's a great deal for any retiree that's thinking about making a move. You can make your best deal in the community where you want to live... then the government will give you an extra $6,500 off.

The catch is that it's only good for a short time. You must sign a purchase agreement by April 30, 2010 and close by June 30, 2010, so if you're going to have your home custom built, you are probably going to have to start construction by the first of the year.

Between the discounts that builders are offering now (I know SummerGlen is offering $25,000 off list price if you sign a purchase agreement before November 30), and the $6,500 tax credit, you can probably get a home in Florida for a lot less than you might think right now.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 11,845 times
Why are homes in SummerGlenn less expensive than Stone Creek?
While visiting SummerGlenn it appeared that some of the homes that are for sale are not being maintained. Is there not some requirement that the outside and lawn be maintained? How do you go about "renting" in one of the 55+ communities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala