Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christylynn3 View Post
I lived in Ocala but now in Summerfield, just north of Leesburg, I strongly recommend you go to Leesburg over Ocala, prices are slightly higher in Florda, especially when it comes to insurance, car mostly.......food is a bit higher, gas slightly higher, but as far as where to move, go for Leesburg, Ocala is huge and packed, and not the greatest neighborhoods either, thats my honest opinion. Good luck!
You know, as much as I dont like Ocala, compared to a lot of Leesburg, its a whole lot nicer. At least we have all the beautiful horse farms, with a lot of high-end neighborhoods tucked away in them....... please remind me where the really nice, non-retiree places are in Leesburg? Cant remember....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 6,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newie View Post
Can anyone help me? I live in istanbul,turkey and coming to Wildwood in October,my fiance lives there.How is this city, are there any jobs available with good pay? Is it a safe place to live? I will start to live there and i want to know the area.please, I need to know before my coming . i have graduated photography in college.can i find a job in photography sector in Ocala or Leesburg ? are stores expensive in Wildwood?
Thanks to all
Yes I went to wildwood high school, pretty small town, great place to live. Jobs suck everywere right now, but ther are several photography studios with in comuting distance. Good luck congradulations on engagment.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
If you are looking for a place any safer than Wildwood Fl. I suggest you stay where you are...Wildwood has always been a very small town with great people..Now it has grown quite a lot in the last 15 years since the "Villages" moved in, but I would say that it is still quite safe..Hope you like it as much as I have. I lived here from 1956 until 1968 and go back occasionally to visit my father.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,845 times
Hello:

I am looking at houses in Wildwood Resort Park. I am looking to downsize from NJ
The prices are very reasonable. I was wondering is thier a reason for this? the area. or
crime or..... I was looking in the Fruitwood or DeBary areas too. I think a HOA fits my needs
but know nothin about them or the areas. I would appreciate any input from knowlegable locals.
I thank you in advance as I freeze while writing this and your Temp is 62' enjoy.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM

6,626 posts, read 7,339,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newie View Post
Can anyone help me? I live in istanbul,turkey and coming to Wildwood in October,my fiance lives there.How is this city, are there any jobs available with good pay? Is it a safe place to live? I will start to live there and i want to know the area.please, I need to know before my coming . i have graduated photography in college.can i find a job in photography sector in Ocala or Leesburg ? are stores expensive in Wildwood?
Thanks to all
I would contact your US Embassy and ask if they can offer you any help on how you should go about finding a job. Also getting working papers if you do not have them.

Write up a resume that you can send to employers in the US. Do some searches to find out how we format resumes. Then search for companies that might have a job. Address the resume to the Human Resource department if you have no other address. Tell them you will be living in the US and you have the appropriate paper work to be able to work ("green card") in the US (if you do not you can not get a job) and would like an interview during the week of xxxx. I would write up 100+ letters and date them about 2 weeks before you will be in the US. Send all to your fiance to mail on that date. Have the answers go to his address. I would also put your email address.

Go to commercial and state internet job search sites and look for jobs. There should be no charge to you so if you are asked to pay do not use it. I think I would look now but do not fill out any applications until you will be able to accept interviews. Thus probably fill out the applications at the end of September.

I would think it will be very hard to find a job in your profession.

You are going to need transportation to get to work. If you will not have a car then getting almost anywhere will be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala