Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,877 times

Advertisements

We are wanting to move to The Ocala area from what we have researched it looks very nice.... We are from Maine So I am really looking
for country living.... Also the school district is very important to me could anyone tell me how the school department is and there special education
program... Our child recieves services this is my biggest concern.... any input would be greatly appreciated
thank you,
ckjpse.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 11,687 times
Default Schools

They do have Excellent programs for special education, if they are in 8th & up, check out Forest High School, Awesome school.
Jason

Old 09-20-2009, 10:37 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,055 times
Also, Vangaurd and Belleview are the top rated schools in Marion County. They are the only two Marion County schools that made the list of "America's Top High Schools" by Newsweek. Belleview, Vanguard ranked in Newsweek's list of top high schools | Ocala.com | Star-Banner | Ocala, FL

I must say, I did send my older children back north to finish school, because Marion County was so far behind and offered no high tech classes that my children had been in prior to moving here. They had been in Computer Programming and Networking programs, and the BEST that they could get here was HTML for programming and MS Certification via Marion Technical Institute (was not open when we moved here in 04).

You can check out the schools via the Marion County School's main website at: Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida

Hope this helps, just a little!!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,823,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
Also, Vangaurd and Belleview are the top rated schools in Marion County. They are the only two Marion County schools that made the list of "America's Top High Schools" by Newsweek. Belleview, Vanguard ranked in Newsweek's list of top high schools | Ocala.com | Star-Banner | Ocala, FL

I must say, I did send my older children back north to finish school, because Marion County was so far behind and offered no high tech classes that my children had been in prior to moving here. They had been in Computer Programming and Networking programs, and the BEST that they could get here was HTML for programming and MS Certification via Marion Technical Institute (was not open when we moved here in 04).

You can check out the schools via the Marion County School's main website at: Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida

Hope this helps, just a little!!
Just an FYI for others that may be reading this thread, MTI is a very good school, my daughter is a senior there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala