U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,287 posts, read 2,593,531 times
Reputation: 547

Advertisements

I've found a couple of classic rock stations (and would appreciate recs for more -- stations that play Springsteen, Boston, Bob Seger, etc.), but haven't had any success in finding an all-news station in the Ocala area. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,424,993 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathya11 View Post
i've found a couple of classic rock stations (and would appreciate recs for more -- stations that play springsteen, boston, bob seger, etc.), but haven't had any success in finding an all-news station in the ocala area. Any recommendations?

get sirius !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2009, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,287 posts, read 2,593,531 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
get sirius !!!!!!!
We have XM in the car and will be getting one for the house, but that's no good for local news. We want to find an all-news station, if one even exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2009, 05:27 AM
 
464 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 499
If you are a NPR fan, the local station, 89.9 WUFT, has FINALLY started carrying the national lineup. I prefer it to the absurd theater of Limbaugh, Beck, Savage, and such. You will find news, science, humour, and intelligent conversation. I find I always learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,287 posts, read 2,593,531 times
Reputation: 547
I've listened to NPR on occasion -- it's far and above the drivel spouted by the wingnuts you listed above.

But we still need a local news/weather station -- is there one in Orlando we can pick up? I wish we could get 1010 out of Tampa -- they carry the Yankee games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM
 
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
97 posts, read 255,767 times
Reputation: 53
Default stations

If you can get it try 96.5 out of Orlando. They have all the good ones. A real and true CLASSIC ROCK STATION.
The ones here in Ocala they wish they knew music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,424,993 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
We have XM in the car and will be getting one for the house, but that's no good for local news. We want to find an all-news station, if one even exists.

Sirius and XM merged......you can get anything you want !!! Once you experience this you'll never want terrestrial radio again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,287 posts, read 2,593,531 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Sirius and XM merged......you can get anything you want !!! Once you experience this you'll never want terrestrial radio again.
Oh, I know they merged (and we're only interested in the XM stations, anyway -- Martha Stewart, Howard Stern and NASCAR hold no attraction for either of us) -- but that's no help for a local news and weather station (especially since we have XM in only one of our two cars, and no intention to add it to the minivan -- not at the price of the radio plus an additional $9/month). And I'm not always near the computer to go to Accuweather.com.

No, I'm still looking for a recommendation for a local (and by that, I mean as far away as Gainesville or Orlando) news station that will give us frequent weather updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,424,993 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
Oh, I know they merged (and we're only interested in the XM stations, anyway -- Martha Stewart, Howard Stern and NASCAR hold no attraction for either of us) -- but that's no help for a local news and weather station (especially since we have XM in only one of our two cars, and no intention to add it to the minivan -- not at the price of the radio plus an additional $9/month). And I'm not always near the computer to go to Accuweather.com.

No, I'm still looking for a recommendation for a local (and by that, I mean as far away as Gainesville or Orlando) news station that will give us frequent weather updates.

Howard makes my day.........I know he goes over the line a little at times but he makes me laugh everyday....in this dog eat dog world laughter is a good thing wherever you can find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,287 posts, read 2,593,531 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Howard makes my day.........I know he goes over the line a little at times but he makes me laugh everyday....in this dog eat dog world laughter is a good thing wherever you can find it.
I listened to him 25 years ago, and he was over the line then -- he's not what I consider funny now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top