U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 10,636 times

Advertisements

Coming Down In June To Visit. Does Anyone Know About The Builder And The Quality Of Homes? It's Seems Very Pricey. Is It Worth It?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 08:02 PM

28 posts, read 150,864 times
While you are in town check out OTOW. Moderator cut: development website w/available homes for sale (advertising)

Old 03-01-2014, 11:53 AM

124 posts, read 236,396 times
Default oak run

from what I've read Oak Run is much cheaper than OTOW and Dell Webb communities. Like to hear some more opinions or facts. PD

Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM

29 posts, read 43,667 times
Painterdude, Oak Run is a little higher than OTOW, but it depends on what you are looking for. I suggest you look at both. There is also a Del Webb community only about 2 miles north of OTOW, but it's a lot higher than either of the others. You can still get a 2/2/1 or 1-1/2 in OTOW in the $40-$50,000 range if you don't mind a fixer-upper. I live in OTOW, by the way.

There are many 55+ communities in Ocala! You may want to speak to a realtor who will gladly take you around to all of them or at least maybe send you a brochure on the ones you are interested in. Good luck. Ocala's a great place, if you ask me.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:52 PM

429 posts, read 512,434 times
Oak Run HOA fee is around $110. OTOW is over $400. That's each and every month on top of your house payment and property taxes.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM

4,029 posts, read 6,784,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
. OTOW is over $400. That's each and every month on top of your house payment and property taxes.
Not entirely true. At OTOW, the fees vary by section. Some of the older homes are completely maintained on the outside (painting, roof, landscaping, tree trimming, etc.) by the community and others require the homeowner to maintain those items at their expense.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:52 PM

4,968 posts, read 4,358,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
Oak Run HOA fee is around $110. OTOW is over $400. That's each and every month on top of your house payment and property taxes.
But what is included? Yard care, exterior house painting, roof replacement. You have to dig into the details. I think you can find a neighborhood from the low 100's to 300 monthly HOA fees. Some OTOTW communities include cable and internet in the fee.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:43 AM

124 posts, read 236,396 times
I think most of the house prices in Ocala are pretty cheap if you're selling somewhere else, but as said, the monthly fee's are pretty steep in some of the places. Depends on what you want to do I guess. Personally I love to work in the yard, mow the grass and pick weeds. If someday I need someone to do my yard work that will be done. Paint the house??? Oh yea...I've been painting for almost 40 years. It's all about finding what you(or the CEO) really want. For me, affordable activities, taxes and golf are all I need to be happy. Looking forward to checking the area out. I've been in contact with most of the private communities and it seems that the newer Dell Webb place is the most expensive for homes, but doable for the fee's. Ocala Palm, Oak Run and even Summerglenn seem to be closer to what I'm looking for..unless of course we just go to a regular neighborhood or head over to Palm Coast or somewhere closer to the gulf. STill over a year out so time is on our side

Old 11-25-2014, 05:15 AM

174 posts, read 276,958 times
Default Oak Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by painterdude View Post
I think most of the house prices in Ocala are pretty cheap if you're selling somewhere else, but as said, the monthly fee's are pretty steep in some of the places. Depends on what you want to do I guess. Personally I love to work in the yard, mow the grass and pick weeds. If someday I need someone to do my yard work that will be done. Paint the house??? Oh yea...I've been painting for almost 40 years. It's all about finding what you(or the CEO) really want. For me, affordable activities, taxes and golf are all I need to be happy. Looking forward to checking the area out. I've been in contact with most of the private communities and it seems that the newer Dell Webb place is the most expensive for homes, but doable for the fee's. Ocala Palm, Oak Run and even Summerglenn seem to be closer to what I'm looking for..unless of course we just go to a regular neighborhood or head over to Palm Coast or somewhere closer to the gulf. Still over a year out so time is on our side
I can tell you for sure that Oak Run is one of the nicest and has great amenities. The choice of homes spans from the low $60's to $300K+. The lower priced homes are frame and it seems that you don't get into the CB/Stucco until you hit $100K. The homes on the lower end (older homes built around 1989) have very reasonable maint fees (lower than $150), because they don't have any maintenance included. You do your own maintenance. The newer homes have maintenance and those fees are approx $250+.
Nice place!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:23 PM

40 posts, read 78,614 times
Does anyone know anything about Palm Cay in Ocala? I'm looking online before I venture down that way. It looks nice and in my price range. I also like Oak Run online too and have heard good reviews. OTOTW I've heard you don't own the land, it's a lease? Don't know if I would like that. Is that only for the attached home or the single family areas also? Thanks for any info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or