Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM

9 posts, read 18,533 times

Advertisements

Ocala Electric bills were the reason I moved out of Ocala.. When I had my house down in SW Ocala I had SECCO Electric & bills were satisfactory for someone living alone & not much cooking & a/c set at 78 all the time.. Then sold the house & moved to apartment in Ocala that was within city limits & I went into shock city when I got Ocala Electric for a provider.. For a single person living alone minimal cooking, a/c still set at 78 apartment size 780 sq ft , my monthly bill ran $ 160.00.. Everyone in my apartment complex complained & still complain about their bills which now are higher..

I didn't know how bad those bills were until I moved to Bradenton & got a different electric company which is FPL.. Same size apartment, same lifestyle & my monthly electric bill runs $ 45.00 a month all year around.. Everyone in Bradenton has this same type of low monthly electric bill so its not just me..

My cousin who owns a 1000 sq ft condo in Hollywood Fla has FPL but does a lot of cooking etc has a low monthly electric bill also with that company..

I would have loved to have stayed in Ocala but I knew something was really wrong with that electric billing & I'm told but can't confirm that Ocala Electric bills are high because they draw their power from a Texas facility.. But can't confirm that just read it on another site from someone that lives in Ocala & complaining about the high Ocala Electric bills..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana_41 View Post
Ocala Electric bills were the reason I moved out of Ocala.. When I had my house down in SW Ocala I had SECCO Electric & bills were satisfactory for someone living alone & not much cooking & a/c set at 78 all the time.. Then sold the house & moved to apartment in Ocala that was within city limits & I went into shock city when I got Ocala Electric for a provider.. For a single person living alone minimal cooking, a/c still set at 78 apartment size 780 sq ft , my monthly bill ran $ 160.00.. Everyone in my apartment complex complained & still complain about their bills which now are higher..

I didn't know how bad those bills were until I moved to Bradenton & got a different electric company which is FPL.. Same size apartment, same lifestyle & my monthly electric bill runs $ 45.00 a month all year around.. Everyone in Bradenton has this same type of low monthly electric bill so its not just me..

My cousin who owns a 1000 sq ft condo in Hollywood Fla has FPL but does a lot of cooking etc has a low monthly electric bill also with that company..

I would have loved to have stayed in Ocala but I knew something was really wrong with that electric billing & I'm told but can't confirm that Ocala Electric bills are high because they draw their power from a Texas facility.. But can't confirm that just read it on another site from someone that lives in Ocala & complaining about the high Ocala Electric bills..
OEU has the highest rates in the state of FL.
The city owns it, I sure would like to know where all that profit goes......

Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
OEU has the highest rates in the state of FL.
The city owns it, I sure would like to know where all that profit goes......
Check out the local politician's bank accounts.........

Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Check out the local politician's bank accounts.........
They're too stupid....

Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
They're too stupid....
Never say never. The good ol' boy network at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala