Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM

10 posts, read 25,861 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info....right now, I am a "graduate nurse" - aka no experience...so finding work has proven a little challenging.

I am going to be looking mostly into the "luxury" apartments, as they have the amenities I am looking for....think it's a good half way point from villages to gainesville....and has opportunities for us as a family.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
Buy anywhere but Marion Oaks. Munroe may have openings, but have just been leased by a for profit. I have lived here 22 years. Although, there are good areas in Marion Oaks, now many areas are slums and crime ridden, deed restrictions were never enforced, Deltona went chapter 11 long ago, investors from other countries as well as here buying up all the foreclosures, leasing to section 8 and illegals. I will be out of here and they can have it much to my heart break after 22 years of laying it all down. If you asked, I can tell you stories that will send you back to anywhere. Every single day, drug deals, guns, the highest violent crime rate in the county with Silver Springs subdivision coming in second. Junk cars, garbage, graffiti, vandalism, living room furniture in the yard behind me with rats living in it, most rentals bought by foreign investors due to massive foreclosures, many illegals, many on welfare with 8 or more kids, pit bulls running loose, all of them running loose. Again, there are better areas of Marion Oaks as it is a huge subdivision, but as a long term resident/owner who has lost everything due to this and my home now being the nicest worthless place in the adjacent 10 blocks, run. There is a reason these homes are now so cheap. Mine is now estimated at what I paid for it approximately 22 years ago despite sinking a huge amount of money and upkeep in it. If you insist to live here, chose very carefully, try near the golf course or on the golf course, they are harder on rules there. The older section which used to be well maintained where I live is now a pit. Also, utilities are high here, make sure you have your own septic and well if you can.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 AM

113 posts, read 219,959 times
I personally think Belleview would be a better choice. Marion Oaks is too isolated. It's in the middle of no where. Also, Summerfield is kind of nice, but very rural. Of course, all of this depends on what part of the Villages you would be traveling to. If you are going to the Spanish Landing square, Belleview/Summerfield are the obvious choices. If you are going to Sumter Landing, anything off of I-75 and south 301 would work.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Gotta disagree about Belleview. I would suggest Silver Springs Shores before Belleview.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 AM

113 posts, read 219,959 times
I thought about the Shores but I was considering the ease of getting to the Villages via Belleview. This would be especially true if you lived in the south side. The Shores is nice if you want a cheap home and don't mind living a neighborhood from the 70s that only developed like 10-20% of the plots. To me, it is kind of an eyesore. Plus, (and of course it greatly depends on where you live in the Shores) there is no good way to get to the Villages.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,945 times
Moving to Ocala from New York and I will be looking for a job as an Occupational therapist. I have work for 35 years with children and only worked 1 year and Summers with Older adults.
I dont know anything about the school districts in Ocala, or Gainsville, and I dont even know where to apply for a job.
I'm also looking for places to go, connect with others so I joined this forum. I stayed at my brother's house and I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the place. really looking forward to find out more about Ocala and call it my home. If any one has recommendations, sugestions. I accept all positive ones. Thank you.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM

6,623 posts, read 7,334,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewInOcala View Post
Moving to Ocala from New York and I will be looking for a job as an Occupational therapist. I have work for 35 years with children and only worked 1 year and Summers with Older adults.
I dont know anything about the school districts in Ocala, or Gainsville, and I dont even know where to apply for a job.
I'm also looking for places to go, connect with others so I joined this forum. I stayed at my brother's house and I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the place. really looking forward to find out more about Ocala and call it my home. If any one has recommendations, sugestions. I accept all positive ones. Thank you.
Try Shands hospital Univ of Fl.) in Gainsville. They are moving into Marion County and offering OP services. Ask about Shands Home Care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala