Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 AM

9 posts, read 18,470 times

Advertisements

Just passed over for a job I'd be overqualified/underpaid to perform.

Anger.
Depression.
Helplessness.

Man I hate Ocala.

Sorry, just got the word and was really set on this position, trying to get it out of my system.

RRRAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Very sorry about that but maybe a better opportunity will come along. Would try networking thru job fairs etc, one thing can lead to another, sometimes even volunteering can open the door. Good luck

Old 02-25-2010, 11:32 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Get out of Florida ASAP.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the support and I'm with you DJ, just don't have the resources yet...and with the "blackhole" I'm not sure when I will...contemplating taking a crazy leap out of here.

Its that feeling of helplessness that is tough, the fact that my plan that I invested so much in has fallen through.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Sounds like your typical Florida experience, great isn't it?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:53 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningJake View Post
Just passed over for a job I'd be overqualified/underpaid to perform.

Anger.
Depression.
Helplessness.

Man I hate Ocala.

Sorry, just got the word and was really set on this position, trying to get it out of my system.

RRRAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I don't know what you do for a living but have you ever given thought to opening a business and working for yourself ?

Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 PM

I do have a business and run it myself, its just that times are tight and I need more monies as customers are sparse. The offer was a sweet opportunity with really good money that would knock down my stress level 2 or 3 notches, I won't perk up and work for anyone. I'll survive but not with any level of comfort.

Of course with the number of homeless here I consider myself lucky.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
I do have a business and run it myself, its just that times are tight and I need more monies as customers are sparse. The offer was a sweet opportunity with really good money that would knock down my stress level 2 or 3 notches, I won't perk up and work for anyone. I'll survive but not with any level of comfort.

I don't believe in "luck" .......things happen for reason......you've heard the old saying "chance favors the prepared mind" and thats what I believe in. Being prepared......look.....while I admit that the business atmosphere in Florida may not be good business everywhere is not good and if you can survive things will turn around in time.....I don't know what you do but in the meantime look for new avenues of business or even offshoots of what you do that you can diversify into.....don't just sit and wait for things to change....make them change for you !!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:

I wish you the best, Florida is a disaster and will only get worse. The unemployment rate and the people fleeing Florida indicates the state will not rebound or get better anytime soon. Move to a place that provides more opportunities and better wages.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I don't know what you do for a living but have you ever given thought to opening a business and working for yourself ?
In this economy?????? Seriously????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: