Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM

74 posts, read 294,367 times

Advertisements

Where is the closest springs to Ocala? My brother once told me that there are a few really nice water springs close to Ocala where the water is crystal clear. I know there is one in Silver Springs Themepark but I thought there were at least a few more. I also thought I heard him say there is a place where water actually shoots out of the earth several feet into the air from an underground spring. Does such a place exist close to Ocala?

Also, If anyone can suggest a few nice places for outdoor walking that are beautiful that would be great.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 02:39 PM

749 posts, read 2,438,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by facts101 View Post
Where is the closest springs to Ocala? My brother once told me that there are a few really nice water springs close to Ocala where the water is crystal clear. I know there is one in Silver Springs Themepark but I thought there were at least a few more. I also thought I heard him say there is a place where water actually shoots out of the earth several feet into the air from an underground spring. Does such a place exist close to Ocala?

Also, If anyone can suggest a few nice places for outdoor walking that are beautiful that would be great.

Thanks for your help!
It may be so but I've never heard of any spring that shoots water in the air around here. Rainbow Springs and River is pretty close to Ocala in Dunellon. Ginnie Springs in High Springs, FL is about an hour drive. Fanning Springs I believe is in Levy County, not to far. Rainbow is definitley worth checking out though, incredibly beautiful place.

The Rainbow River, Dunnellon Florida

Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 PM

31 posts, read 97,216 times
Rainbow Springs State Park is very nice, as are all the springs I've visited in the Ocala National Forest thus far.

Ocala National Forest - US Forest Service - Southern Region

Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
It may be so but I've never heard of any spring that shoots water in the air around here. Rainbow Springs and River is pretty close to Ocala in Dunellon. Ginnie Springs in High Springs, FL is about an hour drive. Fanning Springs I believe is in Levy County, not to far. Rainbow is definitley worth checking out though, incredibly beautiful place.

The Rainbow River, Dunnellon Florida

Went to Rainbow today. What a nice place! Thanks for the help.

Any other places we can go to just walk around and have a good time? We have a new born so we are looking for nice places to take the stroller.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Alexander Springs is nice. Juniper Springs is really close to Ocala (east of town), and has a great canoe run and hiking trails you could get lost on.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM

What else is there to do or go for people with a baby stroller that is close to Ocala?

Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 PM

31 posts, read 97,216 times
Cross Florida Greenway — Baseline to Marshall Swamp

The Baseline Road and SE 64th St. Trailheads are paved, and good for walking.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,589 times
There is Shalom Park off Hwy 200 that is beautiful and peaceful. Ponds, rest room facilitiles, benches, picnic pavilions and a perfect place for picture taking. Also good for just sitting and meditating. No entry charge either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala