U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,417 posts, read 32,965,332 times
Reputation: 15560

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-limbo-lilly View Post
and if you don't mind me asking about how many people live in your house. we're a family of 3(2 adults and a 2 yr. old) Don't take my advice lol but what i did with a bill i used to get from my apartment complex for water, it had ridiculous surcharges, nothing was explained to my satisfaction either, and sooooo i just didn't pay those charges. and they never sent me a notice to pay, bc i was paying for my water usage. But i'm sure an electrical company would prob shut my power off! LOL
There are 3 of us, in 1200sf, 2 adults and a teenager. We are VERY conscious of how much power we use, always unplugging stuff, turning off lights, etc.......
Ocala Electric will turn the lights off in a heartbeat for not paying the surcharges, they are just EVIL!!!!
Last winter, a good friend of mine had to ask for an extension to pay her bill, she was told that she had to have a note from the property owner to get an extension.
When she asked why, she was told that the City Council had voted that bit of wisdom in, for what reason I am sure I dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
 
Location: silver springs
791 posts, read 1,280,556 times
Reputation: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There are 3 of us, in 1200sf, 2 adults and a teenager. We are VERY conscious of how much power we use, always unplugging stuff, turning off lights, etc.......
Ocala Electric will turn the lights off in a heartbeat for not paying the surcharges, they are just EVIL!!!!
Last winter, a good friend of mine had to ask for an extension to pay her bill, she was told that she had to have a note from the property owner to get an extension.
When she asked why, she was told that the City Council had voted that bit of wisdom in, for what reason I am sure I dont know.
I know why.....its an extra re- connect fee each month multiplied by how many renters?.....sounds like good ole boy to me....anything to keep the bottom line coming in to maintain the golf course on 40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2010, 03:07 AM
 
Location: Hernando, FL
749 posts, read 2,174,581 times
Reputation: 539
Yeah, I've heard about the high power costs in Ocala. I live 20 miles south of Ocala and we have SECO down here. Although they charged me $340 to hook up my worst bill was $159 when we had the record cold snap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 PM
 
Location: between here and there
16 posts, read 45,262 times
Reputation: 12
I emailed ocala electric, they told me(for the address i provided them) that the only services provided by them is water, sewer, trash, and fire dept. And SECO provides electric. I'm going to be honest, I was quite relieved when I read that email!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,417 posts, read 32,965,332 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-limbo-lilly View Post
I emailed ocala electric, they told me(for the address i provided them) that the only services provided by them is water, sewer, trash, and fire dept. And SECO provides electric. I'm going to be honest, I was quite relieved when I read that email!
Awesome, good for you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
 
Location: between here and there
16 posts, read 45,262 times
Reputation: 12
THANK YOU!!! especially for all the info all of you have provided!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,417 posts, read 32,965,332 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-limbo-lilly View Post
THANK YOU!!! especially for all the info all of you have provided!!!
If I can help with anything else, please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,776 times
Reputation: 10
Default Fore Ranch Resident

After reading through all these posts, I feel that people posting here haven't done their research. I live in Fore Ranch and my electric bill has never crossed $150 (peak summer or crazy winter). God only knows how people manage to score upwards of $200 on their electricity bills. Also, SECO provides electricity in Fore Ranch and not Ocala Electric

Also, I have seen sprinklers watering lawn when it is raining outside. These are the people who then blame their utility providers for high bills. My Ocala Electric water bill has never crossed $125 (including $14 fire service fee, $21 trash collection and taxes).

Also,everyone in Marion county pay $168 through their property taxes each year for fire services. Ocala electric collects $14 per month through your water bill but then you don't pay it through property taxes. Basically, you pay it either ways no matter where you live.

Thanks
TM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,417 posts, read 32,965,332 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyr View Post
After reading through all these posts, I feel that people posting here haven't done their research. I live in Fore Ranch and my electric bill has never crossed $150 (peak summer or crazy winter). God only knows how people manage to score upwards of $200 on their electricity bills. Also, SECO provides electricity in Fore Ranch and not Ocala Electric

Also, I have seen sprinklers watering lawn when it is raining outside. These are the people who then blame their utility providers for high bills. My Ocala Electric water bill has never crossed $125 (including $14 fire service fee, $21 trash collection and taxes).

Also,everyone in Marion county pay $168 through their property taxes each year for fire services. Ocala electric collects $14 per month through your water bill but then you don't pay it through property taxes. Basically, you pay it either ways no matter where you live.

Thanks
TM
Did it ever occur to you that you dont speak for all the residents of Marion County?
If you live in Fore Ranch, and I feel sorry for you if you do, you have SECO, not Ocala.
Oh, and not all county residents pay for h2o and sewer on their bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 12:20 AM
 
Location: SE Florida
1,194 posts, read 3,786,414 times
Reputation: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoi View Post
Well I have a two story and our power bill is about $500 a month for 4, 2 teens that are never home and our water bill is about $160 a month with the $15 a month added on for the fire dept house that was built about 3 years ago, we pay for water coming in and water going out.
We have a 1 story 3,400 sf home and our electric bill is around $380 to $450 a month and we have a solar Hot water heater that is supposed to save us 25-33% on our power bills. We are 2 retired but very active husband and wife and sometimes 3 who do not scrape on our A/C or heating or cooking or pool etc.....We also have alarmed our home just in case but I am sure the power for that device is minor compared to our total usage.

We have solar exterior lights and they go on with a 50w white light brilliance when something passes. Looks like daylight when we put them all on continuously.. We have 6 solar lights and love them. We even spoted a gator passing by last year.....

Our friends have a 1,450 sf home and their electric bill is $125-$145 /month..However, they keep the thermostat at 80 and we do not..We both have FPL and city supplied water and sewer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top