U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:32 AM

16 posts, read 45,254 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have anything negative to say about fore ranch, we're transferring to Florida in a month, we're moving from Savannah. My DH's in the Coast Guard and is being transferred to Yankeetown() lol We went to check out he area about 1 1/2 weeks ago. we really didn't like Citrus county, as i mentioned before we're coming from Savannah, and we're originally from Atlanta(busy cities!!)

That being said really looking into Ocala specifically Fore Ranch. I know what people have said about Ocala, but I doubt it can hold a candle to Atl. lol I'm not looking for negatives on Ocala, since i've read just about all of them, and we know to stay away from ghettos, i can spot one from a mile away, though i try not to get that close TIA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 AM

8 posts, read 25,597 times
Over priced Utilies, they'll think your rich just because you'll live in Foreranch.. You could rent in Foreranch and be better off, I've lived there for 5 yrs and you could see the difference from when it first opened up. Just do your homework around the area.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoi View Post
Over priced Utilies, they'll think your rich just because you'll live in Foreranch.. You could rent in Foreranch and be better off, I've lived there for 5 yrs and you could see the difference from when it first opened up. Just do your homework around the area.
oh we are definitely looking in to renting first. which utilities are overpriced? sorry for the dumb question!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 25,597 times
Well I have a two story and our power bill is about $500 a month for 4, 2 teens that are never home and our water bill is about $160 a month with the $15 a month added on for the fire dept house that was built about 3 years ago, we pay for water coming in and water going out.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:55 PM

wow that power bill is outrageous!!!!! sorry your paying that much! hmm i'm going to keep my copies of GA power bill to compare the rates. And why the heck are you having to pay 15 a month for a fire dept house?!??! CRAZY ****!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM

23,417 posts, read 32,951,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-limbo-lilly View Post
And why the heck are you having to pay 15 a month for a fire dept house?!??! CRAZY ****!
Because the city commissioners control Ocala Electric.
It has some of the highest rates in Florida. I live 10 miles outside the city limits, and have Ocala Electric, and cant even vote to get those knuckleheads out of office.
Ocala has good ole boy politics it its finest.......-sigh-

Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM

791 posts, read 1,280,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Because the city commissioners control Ocala Electric.
It has some of the highest rates in Florida. I live 10 miles outside the city limits, and have Ocala Electric, and cant even vote to get those knuckleheads out of office.
Ocala has good ole boy politics it its finest.......-sigh-
true...this is why I moved to citrus springs and commute to work in Ocala....my electric bill from Withlacoochee was 65.00 and the Ocala Utilities would have been 250.00 minimum

Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 AM

that's just plain insane! I think it was that bad in P.R. too, bc i can remember my parents turning off all switches on the board before we'd leave the house. The most I've ever paid here(savannah,ga) has been 165!! i couldn't even imagine 250 or 500!! UGH! thanks guys!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM

23,417 posts, read 32,951,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-limbo-lilly View Post
that's just plain insane! I think it was that bad in P.R. too, bc i can remember my parents turning off all switches on the board before we'd leave the house. The most I've ever paid here(savannah,ga) has been 165!! i couldn't even imagine 250 or 500!! UGH! thanks guys!!!
Thats not counting all the surcharges and such.......
I just got my bill for last month.........$223 for JUST the electric charges, that doesnt include all the other surcharges and fees, which they never HAVE explained to my satisfaction.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 AM

and if you don't mind me asking about how many people live in your house. we're a family of 3(2 adults and a 2 yr. old) Don't take my advice lol but what i did with a bill i used to get from my apartment complex for water, it had ridiculous surcharges, nothing was explained to my satisfaction either, and sooooo i just didn't pay those charges. and they never sent me a notice to pay, bc i was paying for my water usage. But i'm sure an electrical company would prob shut my power off! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala