Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:21 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Hey AP, don't you know that it is always best to leave your car doors unlocked in Cleveland, that way they don't bust out the windows when they steal it. So when it's recover, (which they never are in one piece) you don't need to claim that on your insurance. Unless that's what your intentions were in the first place, to have it stolen.LOL

My son and nephew use to tell me 'don't lock the doors - they'll just break the windows.' LOL and how right yoy are.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:23 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You don't say what your interests are, or what sort of things you require to be happy in a community. Do you have kids in school?
We lived in Medina Co. with easy access to Cleveland, Columbus, Wooster, or Akron. Any amenities you want...sports, shopping, culture, is within easy distance, but it's balanced with the rural, relaxed culture.
We had no crime, never locked our doors, and never had any crime. People are nice.

If you require some place to wear designer clothing to impress people, or need the thrill of people being rude to you, then you probably won't like it there.
No, we don't wear designer clothes or need to impress anyone.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
What part of Cleveland do you live in where your doors are unlocked? I assume you mean your car doors.
Kamms Corner, Westpark, 44111.
Affectionately referred to as "The suburb in the city".
And no I mean my house.
Car doors are never locked. I locked them when I lived in Lakewood, I do not lock them now.
No one ever broke into my car in Cleveland.
In Lakewood someone went through the neighborhood trying every car door and stealing things out of every car.
My change, my coin holder, my car manual and the leather book it was in....
Never happened in Cleveland.
No house in my neighborhood has been broken into since I have lived there. I do not live in a 'hood or a ghetto. I have never heard a gunshot.
I am offended that people think places like this simply cannot exist within the borders of the city of Cleveland. There are many very nice areas to live IN THE CITY ITSELF!

Of course, I should mention, I have a dog that does NOT like strangers. She is very aggressive. If you can get past her? You can have my plasma TV.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:58 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Kamms Corner, Westpark, 44111.
Affectionately referred to as "The suburb in the city".
And no I mean my house.
Car doors are never locked. I locked them when I lived in Lakewood, I do not lock them now.
No one ever broke into my car in Cleveland.
In Lakewood someone went through the neighborhood trying every car door and stealing things out of every car.
My change, my coin holder, my car manual and the leather book it was in....
Never happened in Cleveland.
No house in my neighborhood has been broken into since I have lived there. I do not live in a 'hood or a ghetto. I have never heard a gunshot.
I am offended that people think places like this simply cannot exist within the borders of the city of Cleveland. There are many very nice areas to live IN THE CITY ITSELF!

Of course, I should mention, I have a dog that does NOT like strangers. She is very aggressive. If you can get past her? You can have my plasma TV.
LOL When I said Rocky River and Westlake were safe, the Thread Poster disputed it and said would you leave your doors unlocked. LMAO, that right there tells me the guy has never been to cleveland.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:33 AM

42 posts, read 58,142 times
Thanks for all your comments, but my wife's wanting to go back to Ohio has thankfully has waned. We have decided to stay here alittle longer. This thread is offically ended. Thankall of you for reminding why she wanted to leave in the first place.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,851 times
Forbes.com

This is the list of the safest cities in the country by metro area. There are more detailed statistics on the site, but they wouldn't paste over here correctly.

1. Minneapolis
2. Milwaukee
3. Portland, OR
4. Boston
4. Seattle
6. Providence
7. San Jose
8. New York City
9. Cincinnati
10. Cleveland
11. Denver
12. Detroit
13. San Diego
14. Phoenix
15. Chicago
15. Austin
15. Dallas
18. Pittsburgh
19. Los Angeles
20. Washington DC
21. Philadelphia
22. San Antonio
23. Atlanta
24. Sacramento
25. San Francisco
26. Baltimore
27. Virginia Beach
28. Tampa
29. Las Vegas
29. Columbus
31. Charlotte
32. Kansas City
32. Riverside, CA
34. St.Louis
35. Orlando
36. Indianapolis
37. Nashville
38. Houston
39. Jacksonville
40. Miami

You can leave on this note, just so you can see how safe the metro actually is

Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan58 View Post
Thanks for all your comments, but my wife's wanting to go back to Ohio has thankfully has waned. We have decided to stay here a little longer. This thread is officially ended. Thank All of you for reminding why she wanted to leave in the first place.
That good to hear, Stan. Maybe with a little luck and some personal digging someday you guys will find a place a little closer to her family. Or, maybe Alaska is the best place for your heart. Midnight tanning sounds like an interesting thing to try , LOL. Take care and stop in the Ohio thread anytime you just want to chat . Later Gator

Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,490,296 times
AlaskaPat, if you change your mind again in the future, and do decided you'd like to try coming back to Ohio, perhaps you should start the thread asking for advice on where to live. Your DH started this thread by stating how terrible two of the places he visited were. That's not a good way to endear yourselves to the people you're seeking advice from.

When someone writes derogatory things about the place I call home, when it already has a bad reputation that it doesn't deserve, I'd get a little defensive, too. I try my best to stay calm and rational in my responses, but not everyone works that way.

Some of my fondest childhood memories took place at Leesville Lake in Caroll County. (near Carollton) So, it has a special place in my heart. I also have enjoyed every minute I've spent in Cleveland. (though you could count the number of days I've stayed in Cleveland on 2 hands) One of Ohio's strengths is its diversity of place. Even if your DH didn't like those two places, there are many places that aren't like either Cleveland or Caroll County.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I am the wife you speak of.
Well, isn't that rich ... We've been had! Alaskapat, you are no stranger to the Ohio threads. Why didn't you just ask for advice on where to live, instead of allowing your husband to insult Ohioans and blather on about how horrible Ohio is and how he couldn't stand the thought of living here?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:11 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Stan didn't you declare that this thread "is officially ended"? Why are you still posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio