Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,105,098 times

Advertisements

Easy everyone ,

It's time to sit back, take a deep breath and stop acting like this is MySpace. We're all adults here ( I Hope ) and there is no reason for any more mud slinging.

Stan,

It's nice to know you, and that AP is your best half . (Howdy AP !! ). Now I know that Carroll County is not one of the more socially up to date places in Ohio, but I know for a fact that there are much worse places. Every state has it's downfalls and their good parts. Not all of us are the types to jump in feet first and make degrading remarks about our fellow CDF posters, so maybe it's best to just ignore those that you have a hard time chatting with , and concentrate on your OP.

I would love to help you guys out in anyway I, or my best half can when it comes to Ohio and the good places to live. Like I said, you'll find that Vermilion, Avon, Avon Lake and a few other from there to the east, stopping short of west side Cleveland and Rocky River, are good places. Oh, and skip the Lorain area as well, (run down and high crime).

Give me a yell if you want anymore info without all the sarcasm and attitude, OK

Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,386,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Easy everyone ,

It's time to sit back, take a deep breath and stop acting like this is MySpace. We're all adults here ( I Hope ) and there is no reason for any more mud slinging.

Stan,

It's nice to know you, and that AP is your best half . (Howdy AP !! ). Now I know that Carroll County is not one of the more socially up to date places in Ohio, but I know for a fact that there are much worse places. Every state has it's downfalls and their good parts. Not all of us are the types to jump in feet first and make degrading remarks about our fellow CDF posters, so maybe it's best to just ignore those that you have a hard time chatting with , and concentrate on your OP.

I would love to help you guys out in anyway I, or my best half can when it comes to Ohio and the good places to live. Like I said, you'll find that Vermilion, Avon, Avon Lake and a few other from there to the east, stopping short of west side Cleveland and Rocky River, are good places. Oh, and skip the Lorain area as well, (run down and high crime).

Give me a yell if you want anymore info without all the sarcasm and attitude, OK

Thanks EB!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,612,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Easy everyone ,

Rocky River is very safe and desirable. It won suburb of the year a few times. Unless I misintepretted what you said about good places. If so, then my bad!

And Earth Bound, read some of the posts. I was needlessly attacked, when all I did was give advice.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM

41,781 posts, read 74,795,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan58 View Post
Please, just let this die already. I posted first and let this be the last. I haven't done much on these forums. Hell, this thread and one before on the CPD were the first time I had looked at the forums in almost a year. I never realized till now how sensitive and insecure the people here are. I guess the problem is where I grew up if someone hurls an insult at you then throw one back and move on. I see that really spirited debates are not allowed here. Don't bother responding to this it will be another year before I come back here. I will let you people get back to playing nice nice with each other and live in your candy cane world.
You ask to please end the thread, then get in a few more licks? Nice.

Spirited debates are wonderful, and welcome, but starting out by insulting the very people you're hoping to engage in said debate kinda kills the spirit. Just a bit.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:05 PM

53 posts, read 317,430 times
OP, have you considered Athens? Columbus? Cincinnati? Dayton?

I personally wouldn't live in Cleveland if someone paid me to, but I LOVE ohio, and I respect why people choose to live where they live. When you said you lived in Caroll county, I had to look it up on google maps, even though i've lived here for almost 30 years! It's in the middle of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who live there at all - it's their paradise. But I'd try to live in more "populated" and more popular areas before you completely dismiss Ohio.

There's a lot you can hate about here. I spend 5 months a year bitching about it during the winter - so believe me, I know. But we have a lot more to offer than you seem to realize. Personally, I've never lived anywhere but Columbus and Dayton, and I love both very much.

You want a major city? we have it. A small city? we have it. A rural area? we have it. A cornfield? we have it. We have anything you can possibly think about. But if you're coming in with the mentality that you already hate it, then I suggest you either change your mentality before you come, or you look elsewhere.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:31 PM

621 posts, read 1,206,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phospho View Post

There's a lot you can hate about here. I spend 5 months a year bitching about it during the winter - so believe me, I know.
Funny, I spend 5 months bitching about the summer stuff. I hate the heat and humidity, especially around SW Ohio. Horrible. I can handle Ohio winters just fine.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:31 PM

53 posts, read 317,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
Funny, I spend 5 months bitching about the summer stuff. I hate the heat and humidity, especially around SW Ohio. Horrible. I can handle Ohio winters just fine.
lol, my whole family is exactly like that... I can never understand how you guys tolerate the winter. I've never really experienced any other winter, and I still can't get used to it. It's funny though because I can't see myself living anywhere else but Ohio.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:

I personally wouldn't live in Cleveland if someone paid me to, but I LOVE ohio, and I respect why people choose to live where they live. When you said you lived in Caroll county, I had to look it up on google maps, even though i've lived here for almost 30 years! It's in the middle of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who live there at all - it's their paradise. But I'd try to live in more "populated" and more popular areas before you completely dismiss Ohio.

There's a lot you can hate about here. I spend 5 months a year bitching about it during the winter - so believe me, I know. But we have a lot more to offer than you seem to realize. Personally, I've never lived anywhere but Columbus and Dayton, and I love both very much.

You want a major city? we have it. A small city? we have it. A rural area? we have it. A cornfield? we have it. We have anything you can possibly think about. But if you're coming in with the mentality that you already hate it, then I suggest you either change your mentality before you come, or you look elsewhere.

Yes we are considering Athens, Columbus, Vermillion, Oberlin and quite a few places. We settled in Carroll County temporarily that year because a relative lives there. Although I'm from Cleveland, I won't live there. It has changed alot since I left 9-10 yrs ago.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:13 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,612,748 times
Quote:

IMO, the suburbs of Cleveland > Anywhere in Ohio.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
IMO, the suburbs of Cleveland > Anywhere in Ohio.
Are you saying all towns and cities of ohio are suburbs of Cleveland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio