Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2006, 08:34 AM

10 posts, read 49,380 times

Advertisements

I am doing a project on Lisbon Ohio for their Chamber of Commerce. If anyone has any interesting history or stories about Lisbon please help me out! I would greatly appreciate any info on the buildings in the area, crimes, old war history, legends and old stories, anything of that type. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,301 times
Vanessa, My father was born and reared in Lisbon, my aunt and uncle, Dad's half sister, ran a Tourist Home there, we had a cottage on Guilford Lake and my sister still lives in a home there. Have pictures and other information about the area. I was born and reared in East Liverpool. If you are interested and stll looking for information get in touch.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 16,017 times
Question To Vanessa77;64877 contact me at ygenet3fu@yahoo.com for my story of Lisbon, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa77 View Post
I am doing a project on Lisbon Ohio for their Chamber of Commerce. If anyone has any interesting history or stories about Lisbon please help me out! I would greatly appreciate any info on the buildings in the area, crimes, old war history, legends and old stories, anything of that type. THANKS!
I have a long story about a rape in 1895?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 16,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygenet3f3u View Post
I have a long story about a rape in 1895?
The correct e-mail is ygenet3f3u@yahoo.com

Old 08-30-2007, 11:59 AM

10 posts, read 51,718 times
I passed through Lisbon a couple weeks ago. The downtown drug store was like going back in time; its so charming and nostalgic. The same is true for the Steel Trolley dinner. Lisbon is small town America preserved!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,684,654 times
You need to visit the Salem Library. Go up stairs to the Ohio room. You will find a wealth of information in there. I really enjoyed a book about the Sandy & Beaver canal. It explains how the court house was built from sandstone blocks which were originally used in the failed canal project. Lisbon is also known for capturing Confederate General Morgan, and his raiders. There are still stories of his buried loot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio