Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 8,640 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any ideas and who I should contact if I suspect this? My truck stopped running after its last fill up and my auto repair place suggested I call the gas station. I recall paying cash last time I filled up, so I may be screwed on this one way or another since I can't really prove I bought it there.

The specific gas station in question is in huron, ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM

10,603 posts, read 11,623,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminaughty View Post
Anyone have any ideas and who I should contact if I suspect this? My truck stopped running after its last fill up and my auto repair place suggested I call the gas station. I recall paying cash last time I filled up, so I may be screwed on this one way or another since I can't really prove I bought it there.

The specific gas station in question is in huron, ohio.
I'm not too sure but I think if you call the state and contact their their weights and measures department and specify which station that you think you got the water from they can send somebody out to test the tanks, you may not be able to recover any damages that may have occurred but you can keep others from having the same problem as you and I would imagine that there are other customers who happened to get gas the same time you did that might be having the same problem. Is it possible that the county also has a weights and measures division and if so, I'd give them a call also, just a thought.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 AM

154 posts, read 603,110 times
They must not have any filters on their pumps. I used to work at a gas station and the pumps had filters with a wax like balls in them. When water would hit them, they would melt and stop the gas from flowing. We also tested the tanks nightly for water. This station should do the same.

The county auditor would come out and calibrate our pumps and put new stickers on them. I would check for any stickers on the pump and complain to them and the station.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,841 times
Default Water in your gas

Hi,
I have had that problem before, you can try putting dry gas in your tank, this will help counteract the water, or you can disconnect the gas line off the pressure side of the fuel pump and empty your tank into another gas can and filter out the water, and start using Sea Foam Additive in you gas tank to prevent any condensation problems in the tank itself. Hope this helps, good luck.

PS. waiting for the gas station to help you is just a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: