Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would let y'all know, you are good neighbors.

I love Michigan and recently returned after 18 years in Claifornia. Growing up in Michigan I always thought of Ohio as flat, dry and boring,except for Cedar Point and Sea World. However since we returned to Michigan, I am finding more and more neat places in Ohio. This past weekend it was Twinsburgh for the annual twins festivals with my daughters. Neat festival, but the east side of Cleveland (maybe it is southeast) is really beautiful. Lots of tree covered river valleys and some hills. No corn fields. Not overbuilt, just pretty. Earlier this year Marietta - a pretty little river town with sme fabulous houses and churches. I understand some of the other river towns ar even better. Toledo has a nice zoo. Ohio Caverns are quite pretty. I have always wanted to spend some time exlporing the Cincinatti area, it certainly looks beautiful from an airplane window. I understand there are some Shishiwana type Amish towns as well (only hopefully less Kitschy).

Klinger was crazy after all. Ohio is not just boring, it has some beautiful areas and a lot of really great people.

Just thought I would let you know in case you did not realize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 04:45 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
Nice post CJ. I always like reading your posts. I hear a lot of that, "Ohio is flat" stuff from Pennsylvanians (it's hillier there) and Michiganders who've only seen western Ohio. I love Northeast Ohio's hills, trees, rivers, and streams. You need to visit Amish country, it's beautiful. If you get the chance check out Geauga County, Burton, Sugarcreek, etc.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:43 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Next time I visit my sister in Ann Arbor, I want to go here:

Oak Openings Preserve Metropark (Trails, map and Rentals) - Metroparks of the Toledo Area

Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM

19 posts, read 48,305 times
What a nice post to read. I've always thought that certain states had better PR (e.g., Colorado, Arizona) and others worse PR (e.g., Ohio, New Jersey) that are unrelated to reality. It was an autumn years ago, driving back from Virginia through the rolling hills and fields of eastern Ohio, that it really struck me how beautiful this state is. Not all mountains, not all flat, lakes, rivers, small towns, cities.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:29 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
The best place to go in Ohio is Hocking Hills, it takes about 2 or 3 days to see it all but worth the trip. I took some pics last time I went.

The Hocking Hills Photo Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Sharing the love...
I love Ohio but I gotta say: Michigan is prettier. By a lot.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 PM

896 posts, read 1,853,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Next time I visit my sister in Ann Arbor, I want to go here:

Oak Openings Preserve Metropark (Trails, map and Rentals) - Metroparks of the Toledo Area

Oak Openings is nice. Its one of the Toledo Metroparks, but its outside of the city, close to Swanton, out in the country. Its wayyy bigger too, it oughta be a state park. Theres miles and miles of trails, and little lakes, and horse trails and ATV trails, and theres an area of sand dunes. Lots of cool wildlife. Might be a nice place to kill an hour or two if your passing by.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 AM

223 posts, read 609,124 times
isn't michigan super flat? I've been to Detroit, Alma, the UP and can't recall seeing a real hill or anything resembling one. I don't think michigan is boring, I like it for what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio