Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
It's a pattern of facts, that's all. If Columbus wins the DNC it will be despite the city and result from the DNC being insecure about the RNC in Cleveland. As pointed out in another thread, people like you preach about 3C-love yet not a peep of support came out of Columbus or Cincinnati for Cleveland when both of these cities were eliminated from the RNC. Cleveland does not need it but get a grip with your 3C supporting each other b.s.

When Columbus made it to the final DNC cities, Cleveland gave its full support for its bid to win it. Win or lose, Columbus would never acknowledge Cleveland's role in it being in the final running or its open support for COL's bid. Cleveland went up against Denver and Dallas and the sound of crickets chirping could be heard coming out of Columbus and Cincinnati. Gee, thanks.

Facts are never desperate. What is desperate your anger when Cleveland won the RNC. Kind of like sad Cincinnati in its headlines about being on Jetsetter (the pay to get on list) as a 2015 destination to counter Cleveland making top (and free) travel publications. Cleveland and NEO have always been, fortunately, distinct from the the southern-ish vibe in Columbus and Cincinnati anyway. Gov. Rhodes, from cutting-edge Hillsboro, OH, hated NEO, especially Cleveland.

It all boils down to the fact that Cincinnati and Columbus have been gloating and enjoying Cleveland's economic and social struggles for decades. Neither city was ever as prominent and large as Cleveland so watching your in-state rival fall has been, for some reason, the object of ridicule and jokes. As if watching the demise of middle class America was ever funny; but it happening in Cleveland is or was the object of humor.

Now that Cleveland has garnered national attention, Columbus and Cincinnati are seething. Hence no support from either for CLE's 2016 RNC bid. They didn't see dumpy, run down, abandoned and 'over' Cleveland coming.
For the record, one of the very first posts I made in this thread after Cleveland won was congratulations, but you know what, even if I hadn't, and even if no one had, the fact that you can't actually enjoy a significant win for your city because you're all bitter that you don't see everyone patting you on the back is just ridiculous.

Some advice: Let other people speak for your city, because you're awful at it and only encourage the type of stuff you're complaining about. You're easily one of the worst sore winners I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 04:11 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
For the record, one of the very first posts I made in this thread after Cleveland won was congratulations, but you know what, even if I hadn't, and even if no one had, the fact that you can't actually enjoy a significant win for your city because you're all bitter that you don't see everyone patting you on the back is just ridiculous.

Some advice: Let other people speak for your city, because you're awful at it and only encourage the type of stuff you're complaining about. You're easily one of the worst sore winners I've ever seen.
Of course you chimed-in with a congrats on the Convention thread; then 30 seconds later you unleashed in the Cleveland Opportunity Corridor thread about how that project will never work...should of just used green-font letters writing that post...lol.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
Columbus has a very good shot at landing the DNC I've been told.The committee is very impressed with the city and the favorable logistics and accessability to the events compareed to the other cities.It seems they are impressed by the city itself,,not just because the very important international metropolis of Cleveland is involved.
Let me guess, The Dispatch and locals are telling you this. Of course the DNC is going to say it is ''impressed'' with Cbus, it is one of the final cities. What insight!

The convention center and arena in Cbus are close but accessing from Springfield, Dayton or Mansfield might be an issue. While accessability and logistics between the convention center and arena are good, everything else is bad. Accessing the Wachovia Center from Center Philly in 10 minutes on an express subway or from Manhattan to Brooklyn sure trumps a coach bus ride from Troy, Ohio. More people can stay within a subway ride to the arenas in Brooklyn or Philly than can access the convention center/arena in Columbus.

The Cleveland issue isn't due to it being an important international metropolis, it's because the RNC is there in 2016. Sorry, but true. If the RNC wasn't in Cleveland, the DNC would be.

Seriously, why did the RNC bail on Columbus so quickly in the 1st elimination round if the logistics and accessability are so great? I know the RNC had minimum requirements for local transit, in terms of buses. This is why Cleveland and Cincinnati made the 1st round; Cinci bowed out because of its 1974 Arena, the one built during Watergate and Vietnam.

The pundits are saying that Columbus most likely not able to handle the DNC but it could get it because the RNC is in Cleveland. Do the Dems risk Ohio by having the RNC there alone or do they risk another fiasco like Charlotte?

All this talk from Cinci about lack of rail access is an excuse as will be the case if Columbus loses; Charlotte has rail and DNC was a disaster and Obama lost North Carolina.

Last edited by Kamms; 01-22-2015 at 04:45 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Of course you chimed-in with a congrats on the Convention thread; then 30 seconds later you unleashed in the Cleveland Opportunity Corridor thread about how that project will never work...should of just used green-font letters writing that post...lol.
The OC is terrible, and from what I've seen, even most Clevelanders think that.

Guess what, you can congratulate a city for a success and recognize a failure... all at the same time!

Old 01-22-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Guess what, you can congratulate a city for a success and recognize a failure... all at the same time!
A success is winning the RNC; a failure is losing it. The OC is neither as of yet since it hasn't been built.

The fate of Cinci's Streetcar is the same way; however, it's already facing major financial issues and it is still about 1 1/2 years from opening. More Cinci folly trying to be Portland, Oregon at any cost or huge financial success spurring billions in spin-off development. Time will tell. I would suggest that Phase II get started since the route of Phase I is quite walkable anyway. Cinci prides itself on being very walkable yet builds a streetcar in the same very walkable part of town.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:

I understand, you needed to vent your true anger and frustration, so you took into the Cleveland OC thread 30 seconds after ''congratulating'' Cleveland on the RNC. Understood.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I understand, you needed to vent your true anger and frustration, so you took into the Cleveland OC thread 30 seconds after ''congratulating'' Cleveland on the RNC. Understood.
You should really talk to someone about your victim complex. It's pretty serious.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
You should really talk to someone about your victim complex. It's pretty serious.
Like I said before, it's always turned around to be personal problem of the other party involved when you can't handle the truth. See immersedincincy.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
OK, seriously, I do respect your knowledge of, and interest in, Columbus, but why do you think the RNC passed on Columbus in the 1st round and DNC remains interested? What did the RNC want that Columbus didn't have compared to what the DNC wants that Columbus has?

I know you think the DNC will pass on Columbus and you know why I think it might not.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
OK, seriously, I do respect your knowledge of, and interest in, Columbus, but why do you think the RNC passed on Columbus in the 1st round and DNC remains interested? What did the RNC want that Columbus didn't have compared to what the DNC wants that Columbus has?

I know you think the DNC will pass on Columbus and you know why I think it might not.
I don't know. I've given up on trying to explain the actions of the Republican Party. Perhaps Columbus didn't put in a very good bid the first go-around or Cleveland put in a better one. Perhaps they wanted a city with more long-term name recognition, especially in such a crucial swing state. Perhaps the hookers and blow are better in Cleveland. Perhaps they threw darts at a map. Who knows.

I don't know if the DNC will pass on Columbus or not. My default view is that the bigger city typically wins, and Columbus is up against 2 of the top 5 biggest. How much the GOP's decision to go with Cleveland will influence where the DNC goes is somewhat suspect considering that conventions don't have any bearing on which way a state votes, historically. Honestly, I have no idea how it will go. I am leaning 60-40 against them coming to Columbus, but we'll see within the next few weeks. Whatever happens, one sure thing is that you will be here to either gloat about the loss or dismiss the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio