Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 02:54 PM

912 posts, read 1,732,958 times

Advertisements

^ I'm pretty sure the OP is from the Youngstown/Warren area and wouldn't be relocating to go to Kent Trumbull.

I think she just wants to know if the additional costs of Kent's main campus (housing + higher tuition) are worth it compared to Kent's Trumbull branch and the overall demographics of the Trumbull branch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 08:27 AM

164 posts, read 243,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
Kent Trumbull is a commuter campus, afaik. Never relocate to go to any commuter campus. I've done it twice (once at age 19, and again at over 40, LOL), it was the same experience both times, and I'll tell you that commuter schools of any kind are just for people who want to attend class as little as possible and then go off to work or home. Get in, get out. It's not for those people who want the "college campus experience," with on-campus activities and a campus-oriented social life. It's much harder to make friends when you're a stranger from out of town and you're at a commuter school. Most of the young students will still be living with their parents, and they will be pal-ing around with their friends from high school and a few others that are in the same major. Some of those students in your age group are already parents who have no free time. If there are no dorms, you'd have to find affordable housing off-campus, and reliable transportation to and from Trumbull campus because it's out in a rural area, not in the town of Warren. You can look at the aerial view in Google Earth.

Delphi (Packard Electric) used to be a huge factory and employer out there. I think that and cheap land out of town and easy access to highways is why that campus was put there. Warren is losing population, losing employers and jobs, and experiencing an uptick in crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYO View Post
^ I'm pretty sure the OP is from the Youngstown/Warren area and wouldn't be relocating to go to Kent Trumbull.

I think she just wants to know if the additional costs of Kent's main campus (housing + higher tuition) are worth it compared to Kent's Trumbull branch and the overall demographics of the Trumbull branch.
i'm from Youngstown . yeah i was told that i don't have to live in warren to go to trumbull. but since im not driving and depend on rides, i want to live close to kent trumbull if i go there; i am concerned about the crime in warren plus i dont know ppl in warren. i barely know a lot of ppl in Youngstown cause i'm shy and dealing with social phobia but i do have famil. i nd to s m financial aid award and go from there; if is enough to attend knt main, i'll go. if its only enough for trumbull, then thats what it'll b. but i do want to know which branch is worth it.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:27 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
The crime in Warren you talk about is nowhere near Kent Trumbull..........besides, the University is located in Champion Twp.......

Old 02-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
The crime in Warren you talk about is nowhere near Kent Trumbull..........besides, the University is located in Champion Twp.......
lol oh ok.

crime isnt my main concern in warren as far school goes since there is crime in youngstown. my main concern is which branch is worth it lol

Old 02-10-2014, 05:06 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYO View Post
From what I've seen, most people at branch campuses in Ohio are non-traditional students. You'll find some people in their 20s, but the vast majority just go to the main campus all four years.

I'd agree with this. You will get a more traditional - and fun - college experience at Kent's main campus.

Congratulations!

Old 02-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
I'd agree with this. You will get a more traditional - and fun - college experience at Kent's main campus.

Congratulations!
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: