Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 02:57 PM

164 posts, read 244,020 times

Advertisements

I'm excited to transfer to kent main campus. But now I'm thinking about cost; i see kent Trumbull is smaller and cheaper. I'm 24 and don't really care about the college life, I'm just trying to speed the graduation process . If i decide to transfer to kent Trumbull, I'm curious to know if I'll be surrounded by older ppl around their 30s and up...

I'm also thinking about how will I get to kent main since I'm not driving and how much tuition and housing is. I have a job but idk if it will be enough saved to live on my own in kent and idk want to take out a huge loan because of tuition. I've always wanted to go to kent main though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 05:44 PM

912 posts, read 1,736,585 times
From what I've seen, most people at branch campuses in Ohio are non-traditional students. You'll find some people in their 20s, but the vast majority just go to the main campus all four years.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYO View Post
From what I've seen, most people at branch campuses in Ohio are non-traditional students. You'll find some people in their 20s, but the vast majority just go to the main campus all four years.
U know anyone that went to kent Trumbull around my age?

Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 PM

912 posts, read 1,736,585 times
Not Trumbull in particular, sorry.

When I was at Ohio University in Athens, I knew a few people your age and a little younger who started at an Ohio University branch and then transferred to the main campus. They all said the majority of their classmates at the branches were older, nontraditional students. They also said there were a good number of high schoolers there as well, taking classes to earn credits before starting college.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYO View Post
Not Trumbull in particular, sorry.

When I was at Ohio University in Athens, I knew a few people your age and a little younger who started at an Ohio University branch and then transferred to the main campus. They all said the majority of their classmates at the branches were older, nontraditional students. They also said there were a good number of high schoolers there as well, taking classes to earn credits before starting college.
Thanks for the info. I might stick with kent main then; its not far from youngstown neither. I just have to figure out my budget. I thought about a single dorm, but that's extra tuition money smh.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

63 posts, read 107,838 times
My son took his first year at Trumbull campus, then finished at the main campus. Not a lot of college life there but a lot less expensive. And living at home that year saved a LOT of money instead of paying room and board at a dorm. There are mostly younger students at Trumbull.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,952,834 times
I went to Kent Trumbull from the time I was 26 to 29. I loved it there. In the evenings you're going to have a lot more older students because they work fulltime during the day. I took both day and night classes and the more general electives were mostly younger people in their late teens and early 20s. being in my late 20s at the time there were a lot of 22-25 yr olds and just a handfull of people in their mid 30s and some older than 40, but not many.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
I went to Kent Trumbull from the time I was 26 to 29. I loved it there. In the evenings you're going to have a lot more older students because they work fulltime during the day. I took both day and night classes and the more general electives were mostly younger people in their late teens and early 20s. being in my late 20s at the time there were a lot of 22-25 yr olds and just a handfull of people in their mid 30s and some older than 40, but not many.
Thank u

I've always wanted to go to kent main. What I like about kent Trumbull is the cheap tuition

Old 01-27-2014, 04:22 PM

So I followed instructions about logging into my flash account so i can see my transfer credit evaluation, and I'm a freaking freshman again! I'm starting to think this school transfer may not be worth it after being in college for 4 years! But I'm not happy at my current school and i also had trouble with my gpa.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,841,999 times
Kent Trumbull is a commuter campus, afaik. Never relocate to go to any commuter campus. I've done it twice (once at age 19, and again at over 40, LOL), it was the same experience both times, and I'll tell you that commuter schools of any kind are just for people who want to attend class as little as possible and then go off to work or home. Get in, get out. It's not for those people who want the "college campus experience," with on-campus activities and a campus-oriented social life. It's much harder to make friends when you're a stranger from out of town and you're at a commuter school. Most of the young students will still be living with their parents, and they will be pal-ing around with their friends from high school and a few others that are in the same major. Some of those students in your age group are already parents who have no free time. If there are no dorms, you'd have to find affordable housing off-campus, and reliable transportation to and from Trumbull campus because it's out in a rural area, not in the town of Warren. You can look at the aerial view in Google Earth.

Delphi (Packard Electric) used to be a huge factory and employer out there. I think that and cheap land out of town and easy access to highways is why that campus was put there. Warren is losing population, losing employers and jobs, and experiencing an uptick in crime.

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 01-29-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: