Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,869 times

Advertisements

After continuous harassment from a supervisor at my Current place of employment I have been looking for employment. I have been offered a job in Education that will only be for one month then I will be laid off till the new school year begins. ..................When I accepted my current job position I was Promised Certain Hours and the ability to take un payed Time off for vacation. My Hours have been Extended and Have been Refused taking days for vacation and Dr. Appt. along with the Harassment of the supervisor. My question is will I be able to claim unemployment during the few months that I will be off work? When and If I turn in my resignation should I put in writing the harassment issues and reason that I am leaving. what is my best chance for unemployment during those few months. Please and Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:29 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,526,317 times
I worked in education in Ohio for 30+ years. I was in a situation where I was not eligible for Unemployment during the summer months. In all that time that I was employed, I do not know of a single employee, and that includes teachers, cooks, custodians, bus drivers, classroom aides, or anyone else who ever even applied for unemployment. If you are looking at that job because you are planning to collect unemployment during the summer months, it would probably be best if you kept looking for employment.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,869 times
No that Is not it. I worked in Education for 9 Years and got out for a while I have been working in the medical field. While working for 9 years I never even thought of Unemployment during the summer months. but this is a little different they need a 1-1 aid ASAP for a very difficult child that is MD. I will be leaving current job due to the Harassment and will be putting that in writing upon turning in my resignation. due to the fact that it is almost the end of the school year I will not be eligible for summer pay till after working full year the following school year. If I don't take the Job I might miss out on full time the next school year. If there is any summer Programs for this summer I will not turn them down but if they lay me off for the summer would I be eligible for Unemployment for those few months?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:23 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,526,317 times
Employers get "charged" for unemployment benefits paid. If you quit the job, that employer will appeal any benefits that might be awarded on that job. You will likely not be awarded anything based on your new job, as you will not be employed there long enough.

The place to get complete answers would be your local job services/unemployment office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio