Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 02:21 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
Why yes, it is. Thanks for asking.
In republican circles this is...why they created 2K jobs...they don't care about the 25K hard workers they gave pink slips to like Police officers, fire fighters, and teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 03:22 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,901,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
In republican circles this is...why they created 2K jobs...they don't care about the 25K hard workers they gave pink slips to like Police officers, fire fighters, and teachers.
No, this is about selective comparisons and irrelevant comparisons.

Selective:

The other poster selectively compared 2k jobs that they don't approve of - making the implication that those were the ONLY jobs created with a much larger number of lost jobs from the government. ( We are making the assumption that Kasich could take credit for private sector jobs. ) There could have been 100k jobs created elsewhere and comparing 2k with 25k will always look bad.

Irrelevant:

You can't compare government jobs with private sector jobs since a government job always cost more than a private sector job. Government jobs are there to provide a service to the taxpayer who pays for them. Government jobs are not there for the purpose of providing employment since that is always a net loss to the economy when creating a government job.

Therefore, giving pink slips to 25k government workers either returns tax money to the people paying for those jobs or prevents them from having to pay more taxes. This creates jobs every time - making the 2k or whatever number you want to extract from whatever orifice - irrelevant.

Since the average private sector worker now earns less than the average public sector worker, creating higher paying jobs on the backs of lower earning workers is an especially egregious act.

Oh yeah; and stop calling me a Republican.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM

220 posts, read 330,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
Oh yeah; and stop calling me a Republican.
Stop acting like one.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:35 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
At this point, it seems "I'm not Fitzgerald" should suffice. Are quality state Democrats that rare this clown is running for governor?
FitzGerald lacked driver's license for 4 years
Witnesses saw FitzGerald driving alone

Old 08-08-2014, 07:37 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Default A Few Campaign Commercials!

Old 08-08-2014, 08:47 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,127,706 times
I made some bumper stickers. PM me if you want one.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:09 AM

220 posts, read 330,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post

Cleverfield! You are clever indeed. :-) I wish I could get one for my car, but I have a company car with no stickers allowed. Keep up the good fight!!

Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
At this point, it seems "I'm not Fitzgerald" should suffice. Are quality state Democrats that rare this clown is running for governor?
FitzGerald lacked driver's license for 4 years
Witnesses saw FitzGerald driving alone
I know, right? This is the best statewide candidate the Democrats can dig up? So bizarre this guy could think, in this day and age, that not having a valid driver's license would not come up in his run for friggin' governor while he's been cruising around alone in his car. No wonder he wants to block access for the county garage key card records. He needs to go now, from the race and his County Executive position. He seemed to be doing well with a future in the Dem Party. Another disappointment.

Who didn't have their DL at 16, especially for guys his age now? What was his reason for not having one? How odd that he would have one of those learner permits where your mommy or daddy would be in the car with you when you were a kid.

His whole candidacy has been bad judgments; bad judgment to even run with the DL issue out there and driving alone in his vehicle without his mom or dad (this guys in his 40s) then the tax debtor running mate from Cinci, then ''parked car-gate''...Was he really an FBI agent? If so, for how long? Why did he really leave?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:09 AM

368 posts, read 638,772 times
Kasich will win in a huge landslide..I think hes competant and is trying to make ohio viable again..regardless of what party hes in
I think the republicans will win big in the elections nationally too..kasich doesnt need a slogan..the opposition is so mediocre and Kasich has done a good job imo..I wholeheartedly endorse Kasich,and I approve of this post

Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
Kasich will win in a huge landslide..I think hes competant and is trying to make ohio viable again..regardless of what party hes in
I think the republicans will win big in the elections nationally too..kasich doesnt need a slogan..the opposition is so mediocre and Kasich has done a good job imo..I wholeheartedly endorse Kasich,and I approve of this post
Kasich would have to murder someone in the next few months to lose this election. He really doesn't need to worry about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio