Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:18 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Kasich would have to murder someone in the next few months to lose this election. He really doesn't need to worry about anything.
Agreed.. Fitz can't manage his own affairs. Why in the hell would anyone want him to run ours..the older I get the more I realize the democratic party is the welfare,handout and entitlement party.. I wish people would start voting with their brain instead of along party lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
The GOP continues its War on Women:
Judge orders abortion clinic to close | www.springfieldnewssun.com

"The state department of health denied the clinic’s license renewal in January because the clinic could not get an emergency patient transfer agreement with any local hospitals. State-funded hospitals are not allowed to take in abortion clinic patients, and none of the private hospitals would issue agreements either."

Gee...I wonder why?

Old 08-18-2014, 07:05 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
Kasich will win in a huge landslide..I think hes competant and is trying to make ohio viable again..regardless of what party hes in
I think the republicans will win big in the elections nationally too..kasich doesnt need a slogan..the opposition is so mediocre and Kasich has done a good job imo..I wholeheartedly endorse Kasich,and I approve of this post
Do you not care about Equality for all citizens(agaisnt marriage equality & legislation that would make it illegal to fire based on sexual orientation or gender equality)...or that we haven't created a state healthcare exchange unlike our very conservative southern neighbor KY which has shown to be better than the Federal exchange and meets all Obamacare guidelines...or that Kasich givas carte blanch to polluters, or that' he's against raising the minimum wage(hasn't deterred jobs from states that have)? He's a terrible governor...if he gets his right to work passed in this state, kiss a ton of good union jobs good bye.

I think Fitzgerald was a terrible choice by the Dems...we needed one of the 3 good big city mayors, Frank Jackson being the best...to step up and run as governor. I'd even settle for Mark Mallory who did a good job turning Cincinnati around as well.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
I know, right? This is the best statewide candidate the Democrats can dig up? So bizarre this guy could think, in this day and age, that not having a valid driver's license would not come up in his run for friggin' governor while he's been cruising around alone in his car. No wonder he wants to block access for the county garage key card records. He needs to go now, from the race and his County Executive position. He seemed to be doing well with a future in the Dem Party. Another disappointment.

Who didn't have their DL at 16, especially for guys his age now? What was his reason for not having one? How odd that he would have one of those learner permits where your mommy or daddy would be in the car with you when you were a kid.

His whole candidacy has been bad judgments; bad judgment to even run with the DL issue out there and driving alone in his vehicle without his mom or dad (this guys in his 40s) then the tax debtor running mate from Cinci, then ''parked car-gate''...Was he really an FBI agent? If so, for how long? Why did he really leave?

Yeah I'll vote for him but there no way he is the best candidate the Dems could have found...why couldn't we get Frank Jackson who has done an amazing job leading Cleveland or one of the other mayors who are turning their cities around w/out a lot of state help (Mallory still got the Cincy street car going even with the idiot KAsuck pulling state support...support that would have made it a far better line because it would connect UC to downtown.)

Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The GOP continues its War on Women:
Judge orders abortion clinic to close | www.springfieldnewssun.com

"The state department of health denied the clinic’s license renewal in January because the clinic could not get an emergency patient transfer agreement with any local hospitals. State-funded hospitals are not allowed to take in abortion clinic patients, and none of the private hospitals would issue agreements either."

Gee...I wonder why?

Such a bull sh*t ruling...just another reason not to support the GOP ever...they will never look at women, people of color, or LGBT people as equal.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
I think hes competant and is trying to make ohio viable again..regardless of what party hes in
Unfortunately, there is really nothing of substance to back up your statement.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Yeah I'll vote for him but there no way he is the best candidate the Dems could have found...why couldn't we get Frank Jackson who has done an amazing job leading Cleveland or one of the other mayors who are turning their cities around w/out a lot of state help (Mallory still got the Cincy street car going even with the idiot KAsuck pulling state support...support that would have made it a far better line because it would connect UC to downtown.)
Fitzgerald has done an excellent job as Cuyahoga County Executive. Much of the development being seen in the past 2-3 years has been as a result of him and his administration cutting through a lot of red tape and economic gridlock. It's too bad the only thing the media seems to want to talk about is a stupid driver's license.

The incumbent governor has essentially wasted hundreds of millions of tax dollars at the behest of a handful of corporations without netting a single job. He has fostered the raising of the state sales tax. He has done away with the homestead exemption for seniors. He has slashed education funding except for where the benefit enhances the income of privately owned charter schools. He has cut taxes for the wealthiest among us while pushing the expense of those cuts onto the municipalities. He has outright attacked 400,000 OH workers with SB 5 (which met with a serious rebuke from Ohioans). He outright refused a huge federal grant for the 3Cs transit system and other public transportation projects. Yet, he is an advocate of selling off state assets for a one-time boost which is worth way less than the long term public benefit provided. He is an advocate of letting "frackers" operate with impunity even though they have questionable environmental impact. The list goes on and on with this fool. But, first and foremost, the only real "benefit" of his tenure comes as a result of a vastly improved national economy -- and the state is STILL lagging far behind many others in terms of economic and job growth. Essentially, he has a lockstep state legislature combined with a national economic upswing and still can't get anything done other than to cut taxes, slash budgets and be a lapdog for the "job creators" who haven't done jack s**t in that department.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Ohio lost most jobs of any state last month | The Columbus Dispatch

"We're #1!!"

Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM

350 posts, read 848,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
I'm still waiting for the verdict on the root cause.

But if I'm reading the headlines correctly, this catastrophe was caused almost entirely by farm runoff from all of the pesticides used on grain crops, farm waste from industrial livestock farming, etc.
Entirely? Not hardly. Its easy to blame agriculture, who certainly plays a role. However, nobody wants to talk about the fact that every time it rains hard for an extended period of time raw sewage is dumped into the river by the tons at nearly every town along the river due to combined sewer & storm systems with combined sewer overflows. The EPA is working to slowly (very slowly) get systems converted... but its an expensive job. So because its gross to think about and would require major infrastructure projects that would directly cost taxpayers more money, its always easier to blame someone else.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohazco View Post
Entirely? Not hardly. Its easy to blame agriculture, who certainly plays a role. However, nobody wants to talk about the fact that every time it rains hard for an extended period of time raw sewage is dumped into the river by the tons at nearly every town along the river due to combined sewer & storm systems with combined sewer overflows. The EPA is working to slowly (very slowly) get systems converted... but its an expensive job. So because its gross to think about and would require major infrastructure projects that would directly cost taxpayers more money, its always easier to blame someone else.
Fertilizer is a much bigger contributor to algae blooms than sewage. Sewage has its own set of problems though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio