Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2017, 02:44 PM

9 posts, read 13,153 times

Advertisements

Hi! Our family is currently in the process of relocating to the Wilmington area and we're trying to find a home that is located within fairly close proximity to Wilmington, is a safe and welcoming community, and within a good school district (with gifted programs & AP courses available). We were first drawn to Waynesville, which we love up that way, but most of the available homes are located in the Clearcreek Township and are too far a commute to Wilmington. So lately we've been looking into some very nice homes and properties in Clarksville, Blanchester, and Wilmington. We like the Clinton-Massie schools in Clarksville, but I'm concerned about all these articles I'm reading about Clarksville being in a state of fiscal emergency and talk of dissolving the village's government! Yikes! We like a house down in Blanchester, but we know nothing of the schools - wondering if they might be too small to have many programs - and the town seems to be out in the middle of nowhere and doesn't really have a lot going on in town there (which means a lot of commuting to get to anything). And then of of course there is Wilmington - being close to everything, but seriously questioning the school system that has low ratings. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by FaithfulMarineWife; 10-01-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 06:02 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
Clinton Massie schools have a Clarksville mailing address but are located in Massie township, the village of Clarksville has no effect on them, it's just a tiny village with a Family Dollar store and a Marathon gas station with a convenience store. You can live in the Clinton Massie district and not in the village of Clarksville.

These are some pics I took of Clarksville a few years back

Old 10-01-2017, 08:58 PM

woxyroxme - Thank you for the response and for sharing your pictures! Wow, the pictures show there really isn't a whole lot in the village of Clarksville nor any signs that it's thriving much at all. It's kind of sad actually, seeing little villages and towns have so many empty and run down buildings, but I hope one day it will come to life again. I am grateful to know that living in the Massie Township isn't effected by what may be going on in the village, as I wasn't sure how far out the Clarksville village limits spanned. There seems to be a lot of beautiful areas out in the Massie Township, though! In respect to the village of Clarksville, would you still classify it as safe and welcoming? Is there much crime or drugs around there?

Just curious - what is your knowledge and thoughts on the village of Blanchester?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:01 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
The school district is a lot bigger than the village, Blanchester is OK but further away from Wilmington. Crime and drugs are not too big of an issue.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio